Chapter 36

Should Jimin ask? Or did King Min say that in jest? No, he isn't that kind of person... right? Then again, how well does Jimin know King Min since they only met today?

So why did King Min say he will make him Queen? It is a frivolous thing to say, is it not? Are they even friends? Deciding that an acquaintance will be his Queen?  

It must be a joke.

Jimin pouted and balled his fingers into a fist, feeling humiliated. Did King Min take him as an easy target to bully? Someone to make a fool of? Jimin's eyes watered at the thought.

"Petal, are you crying?" King Min asked. The worry in his voice sounds so real. And "Petal"? That pet name sounds so sweet and makes Jimin feel treasured, hitting the tender spot in his sensitive heart.

The one thing to not ask Jimin when he is about to cry is, "are you crying?" Because that is the right key to unlock the flimsy gate keeping his tears in. The first teared slipped out. Then, Jimin bawled.

"Oh, Doll..." King Min whispered, enveloping Jimin in his arms. "Shhh it's okay, it's okay, I got you."

Jimin cried harder, because King Min smells like rain in the gardens of the temple, earthy, grounded, homely. And Jimin knew he found King Min attractive, and he would have liked him — he already likes his soothing voice, the way he isn't snobby, that he said "you can ask me anything", and the way he listens to Jimin as if he is the only one speaking and has the most important things to say — and he would have liked him more but if King Min sees him as nothing but a fool...

Jimin hicupped, his thoughts too overwhelming and his emotions spiralling and jumping out of control.

King Min held him tighter, rubbed circles into his back, and coaxed him, "what's wrong, you can tell me, hm?"

Jimin shook his head, and instead asked, "why d-don't you have —hic— any c-consorts? Did you —hic—c-choose that y-yourself?"

No one knows why every Lily King act the way they do, being able to have almost anyone they want in the Kingdom, yet search far and wide for only one person, regardless of gender or status, even going as far as travelling to other Kingdoms in their search.

For them, the answer is simple.

"My heart is small, Jimin. I only have enough space for one person and I want to live my life this way. To wake to the same face, to hold the same body, and share myself with the same soul. When I find that person, I will love and treasure him, and never let go."

"T-then, I —hic— w-wish you all the best," Jimin said, still not believing that King Min wanted him, as he wiggled, trying to remove himself from King Min's embrace, even though it was so comfortable and he doesn't want to leave.

But King Min doesn't let him, instead tucking Jimin's head into his shoulder, not caring that he is getting tears and snot onto his robes.

King Min sighed, "Jimin, forgive me that I am not good at this. I know it is difficult to believe but you will see. You will see that my words are true and if at the end of it, you... you don't want me, then I will leave you be."

Jimin is scared. What is it about him that King Min would want? How can he trust this almost stranger?

King Min tried, "all I ask for is for you to keep your eyes and heart open, okay?"

Jimin wants to believe him. He wants to believe this pretty man, this man who Jimin can see is kind, sweet, considerate, and is promising him loyalty for the rest of his life.

And he can always back away if things don't work out, right?

"-ay"

"Hm?"

"...okay," Jimin whispered, giving in to the voice inside his heart which sang for him to go for it.

"W-what? Really? You mean it? T-thank you, I mean, I didn't think, wow. WOW. I—"

Jimin looked up in surprise, seeing King Min with the biggest smile on his face, losing his usual eloquence and fumbling with his words, his eyes glittering with awe and joy.

"I— you don't know how happy I am. Jimin, thank you, thank you," King Min rambled as he rashly planted kisses onto Jimin's eyes, the fat tears catching onto his lips, making Jimin blush even more. If Jimin was peony pink before, he was rose red now.

Why is this man thanking him for giving him a chance?

"Oh sorry, I am going too fast, aren't I?" King Min belatedly asked, anxiously backing up, which was only an inch away because King Min was still unwilling to break the embrace.

"It's o-okay..." Jimin mumbled. He really doesn't mind.

"Your majesty, we—"

"Please, call me Yoongi, and yes, what were you saying?"

"Y-Yoongi?"

"Yeah?" King Min asked softly, his heart almost combusting the way the younger boy says his name tentatively.

"Maybe we should go, the King and the First Royal Consort must be waiting."

"Yes, of course, anything you want, Doll."

- a/n -

Quick update!

It seems that there is some confusion regarding the old chapters. To clarify, chapters 29a to 32a are no longer part of the storyline. Chapters Help and Announcement are closed as well as it was decided TaeKook only met for a short while in school when they were kids and met again on their wedding night.

If you have any questions just let me know!

Thank you for reading and please vote or comment

- rsv (resha)

Also YoonMin is distracting me from TaeKook lol they're so cute. I was bias-wrecked by each BTS member so many times I don't remember my original bias 😂