Chapter 34

Taehyung bit his lip, stared at the doorway, then glanced to the side to give his guest yet another awkward smile.

The guest smiled back, his demeanour calm, not seeming to be bothered. Taehyung feels better. Slightly.

Taehyung is a punctual person, with attendants who remind him when to leave to be on time, especially when they have an esteemed guest waiting.

But here he was, in the middle of his hall, all ready, but not stepping out for their tour of the capital.

Because he isn't able to say the same for Jimin. The boy just have all sorts of reason to be late. Wayward hair, missing pouch, mismatched shoes, forgetting the outing itself... Taehyung hopes he is at least awake. Just in case, Taehyung had sent Chaeyoung to see just what Jimin is doing.

His guest, King Min, wouldn't mind, would he?

Taehyung first saw King Min when he welcomed him in front of the palace gates earlier today. King Min had stepped out of the carriage looking so small and soft with his feline-like eyes droopy from sleep. He was carrying the cutest puppy with fur as curly as it's owner hair. Taehyung had the urge to hold his hand and pinch his cheek.

Taehyung again looked to the side where King Min was seated. He was sitting still, gently petting his puppy, the birthmark on his left wrist peeking above the hem.

Taehyung had heard of that birthmark. Appearing every three hundred years, a Royal of the Min Kingdom will be born with a birthmark the shape of a lily. It is a rule that the Royal carrying the birthmark must be made King. They are called the Lily Kings, and are treated with the utmost respect by their people.

It is a well-known fact that every King with the mark shares uncanny similarities. They are highly intelligent since birth, knowledgeable, good fighters, and they never take any consorts, only crowning one Queen in their lifetime, of whom they shower with love.

"My sincere apologies for the wait, King Min," Taehyung said. King Min gently waved his apology aside.

At the same time, King Min Yoongi has an almost otherworldly aura to him. He radiates a sort of grace and calmness which Taehyung found similar to Reverend Dekh and Bhaagy. And the way he moves was like water, fluid, graceful, and absolutely still when unmoving. If they exist, this must be how a faerie is.

Then, the pair of feline eyes flicked to the door. A ripple crossed those suddenly hyper-attentive eyes.

After the briefest moment, Jimin rushed into the hall with hair sticking out in different directions and a shoe yet to be fully tugged on. He made sure to bow down to King Min, sleeves still swishing from movement, and apologised profusely, "I'm so sorry, it's been a while since I went out and forgot where I placed my casual clothing. Forgive me, your highness and your majesty."

"It matters not," Yoongi placated as he stood up, his surprisingly soothing and deep voice effectively calming the flustered boy. Then, Yoongi crouched down and adjusted the shoe for Jimin with a twirl and tug of his fingers.

Jimin beside Yoongi was alike wind over the lake. One is loud and lively, the other calm and deep.

For a moment, Jimin thought that he had never seen someone so pretty. His curly hair is pretty, his features are pretty, his dog is pretty, the way he moves is pretty, and there was something almost tangible in the air that is pretty.

Is it his vibe? Jimin does not know.

It is a different sort of pretty to physical beauty, an attractiveness you could say, that makes Jimin think of his favourite things such as soft blankets and pastel flowers. 

"Oh," Jimin uttered as he caught himself staring for a moment too long and almost forgot his manners. "Thank you, your majesty," he said.

"My pleasure," King Min said, seemingly amused, pleased even by Jimin's attention, and he smiled.

"Oh," Jimin breathed. The smile showed pearly white teeth and soft pink gums, and King Min's sharp eyes softened into downturned crescents. It was cute.

"Shall we?" King Min gestured to the door and Jimin followed, the pair walking together, not noticing that they are standing close enough for their sleeves to brush against each other.  Jimin cooed at the puppy and asked about the ride from the Min Kingdom to the Jeon Kingdom and Yoongi replies. Taehyung lifted a brow at how they hit it off, as if it was second nature for them.

Then Taehyung hears Jimin giggling in front. Hopefully he doesn't—

And there Jimin was, laughing while reaching out and Taehyung heaved a breath of relief as Jimin's hand suddenly changed direction to gesture oddly in the air instead of smacking King Min's arm.

"Oh, I almost got too comfortable," Jimin thought as he and King Min stopped outside the doorway. King Min was showing him which areas of the puppy he could pet.

"They look like they are in their own world." Jungkook commented. He had just arrived after Court. Jungkook also changed into casual clothes and is ready for the tour. This would be a good chance to get closer to Taehyung and know King Min, no matter that this seems to be more of a double date of sorts with the chemistry between Jimin and King Min growing quickly.

Taehyung agrees, looking at how Jimin tries to keep the squeals in his throat as the puppy nuzzles into his touch while King Min directs him gently, murmuring that he is doing a good job.

A bittersweet feeling blooms in Taehyung's chest at the scene. Jimin had been caring for him for years, and because of that, Jimin rarely has the chance to head out as well. Sometimes Taehyung feels sorry that the boy thus has less opportunities to make friends. Perhaps, King Min can give Jimin something even more than that.

But if he ever makes Jimin cry...Taehyung narrowed his eyes. 

Jungkook is also looking at the pair. Then, he glanced at Taehyung, before lifting his fingers to Taehyung's hip level, to above his hip bones, to his waist, and before he could rest his palm—

Taehyung announces that they can all head onto the carriage outside his palace doors into the city area.

[C] The Most Beloved Consort || Kookvजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें