Chapter 47

Consort Sooya remembers those attendants clearly. They were always by Royal Consort Bae's side and had more than one occasion been snobbish towards her, a consort of the King. 

The same attendants are now looking over their shoulder anxiously as they walked, missing the sight of Consort Sooya who happened to be blocked by a pillar.

Consort Sooya gripped her skirt, and decided to follow them.

"...pour this in...then take our leave..." they murmured to each other.

"Pour what?" Consort Sooya wonders as the attendants rounded a corner and she had to stay back, as there is nothing to hide her anymore.

Consort Sooya looked to the sign above the doors of which the attendants had entered.

Consort Moon's palace? Where are the guards?

Consort Sooya ducked behind the wall as she sees two figures rushing in the direction of Consort Moon's palace as well. She leaned forward a little to see who else is here.

Eh? Head Attendant Jimin and the First Royal Consort?

Consort Sooya furrowed her brows. There must be something going on. She decided to wait for a while, and she would go if the First Royal Consort comes out safely. Otherwise, she would enter or get help.

"Where is his highness..." Consort Sooya mumbled as she fidgeted under the scorching sun.

Time passes, and Consort Sooya couldn't ignore the nagging feeling that something was horribly wrong. Should she enter?

While she hesitated, one of the attendants from before exited the palace and quickly headed to the direction of Royal Consort Bae's palace.

Darn it, Consort Sooya decided, she would have a quick look, and she entered the doors.

Her heart dropped as she saw that there was not a single attendant or guard in the palace. She went straight to Consort Moon's chambers.

"Your highness!" She shrieked at the scene before her.

•—•—•

Physician Park kept his tools. He is in Royal Consort Bae's palace with the King present and had just finished a consultation.

"The child is healthy, and the rash and abdominal pain experienced by the Royal Consort earlier is due to an allergic reaction. Please do not be alarmed."

Jungkook frowned. How did an allergic reaction happen when Royal Consort Bae knows about her own allergy to peanuts? Should she not be more cautious during this period?

"I was having such great cravings but I only took a mouthful. I didn't expect such a reaction. Apologies your majesty to disrupt you and have you come all the way to my palace."

"You should be more careful," Jungkook said. 

Seeing that Royal Consort Bae is fine, Jungkook stood up, ready to return to his palace.

"Wait, your majesty. It had been some time since your last visit. Can you stay for a while more?" Royal Consort Bae asks.

Jungkook hesitates. It is not an unreasonable request, and he does want the child to be born healthily to this world. He could afford to spend more time with the child's mother.

He sat back down. Then, he saw the look in Royal Consort Bae's eyes and he was immediately on alert.

Why would she look relieved, of all things? Jungkook would understand if she looked happy or victorious, but relieved? As if she really wanted him to stay here, away from his palace, away from... Taehyung?