Bonus Chapter - The Kim Brothers Want to Hit Someone

Another almost 500k reads special/ requested chapter whoop

//

"Joon-ah, it is time for us to head to the palace, hurry up," Seokjin urged Namjoon, perplexed by his younger cousin's slow movements when they could go into the palace not as officials, but as family members to visit Taehyung.

After the rebellion headed by the ex-crown prince, the king granted the Kim brothers to be able to visit Taehyung when court rests once every two weeks, aside from their usual when they could submit a request to visit Taehyung. They were all elated.

Unfortunately, Seokjin had yet to use that benefit as he had to rush back to the borders to ensure that the Song Kingdom kept to the treaty.

It was only after two years that Seokjin could return and visit Taehyung.

"I... never mind," Namjoon muttered, then as Seokjin wished, finally made his way to the door.

After his first visit to Taehyung two years ago, Namjoon returned to his room with an unreadable expression.

The attendants did not understand why the young master had left happily then return with a stony expression, uncharacteristically kicking some pebbles while mumbling under his breath as he walked, something about ants and diabetes.

Namjoon sighed, Seokjin tapping his foot with impatience outside the door as Namjoon tugged his shoes on with a vengeance, feeling a myriad of emotions as he prepared to leave for the palace.

Don't get him wrong, he was always happy to see his baby brother, he respected Jungkook for he was a good king, and Namjoon had gotten over his annoyance that he wasn't there to warn the shy and quiet prince to treat his brother right when they married.

Or that he wasn't around during those years to protect him.

Or how he couldn't beat up Jungkook if Taehyung was ever unhappy. Well, that's not true. If it comes down to it, Namjoon was sure he could hit the king and somehow get away with it.

Anyway, Namjoon sighed again, checked he was neatly dressed, then left for the palace.

// At the palace

Prince Kai was two and like many children his age, he was wrecking havoc.

He found his father's favourite brush and dipped it in the expensive gold ink used only on royal decrees and was having the time of his life drawing turtles on the walls of the library.

Attendant Mina chased behind him, not daring to remove the brush from his hand in case she hurt his tender skin. Moreover, the majesties were only a few metres away, surely knowing clearly what the prince was doing and made no move to stop him.

Mina thought it best to just stay near the prince to ensure he doesn't fall as he drew yet another shell.

Unbeknownst to Mina, only Jungkook was aware because Taehyung was very much focused on something else.

"To the left, a bit more," Taehyung requested and Jungkook moved his hand as his Queen ordered, the chess piece in his finger hovering above the chessboard as Taehyung's eyes glittered with excitement and he nodded vehemently.

Jungkook put it down, a doting look in his eyes as Taehyung gleefully captured Jungkook's king which was left wide open on the chessboard.

Then, Taehyung beamed up at him and called his name sweetly and Jungkook thought it was all worth it. So what if his behind was numb from sitting for hours and his every move was actually directed by Taehyung.