Chapter 4

"Your highness?" Jimin softly called out to the sleeping beauty cuddled into the countless pillows.

Taehyung looked like a child in his slumber, golden locks messily spread out, lips slightly parted, and body curled into a foetus position.

"A little while more please..." Taehyung mumbled.

"Of course, your highness." Jimin replied, and tucked in Taehyung further so that he would be warm and comfortable. Jimin quietly exited Taehyung's bedroom and stood guard at the doors. He looked up to the attendant waiting for his reply and he said without a hint of remorse, "I am afraid his majesty would have to wait further, his highness is not available."

The attendant blanched, "do you mean that his highness is making his majesty wait because he would like to sleep in?"

Not to mention that head attendant Jimin only slipped in and out of the bedrooms, he surely did not exert much effort to wake the First Royal Consort.

Of course he didn't, and what can the King's attendant do? Jimin had worked hard to ensure Taehyung's good health and the key is to get adequate rest. Jimin only serves one master, and the pesky King is not the one who owns him.

Without batting an eyelid, Jimin replied, "of course. The King is here half an hour before his highness' standard waking time."

Jimin was slightly irritable today. He and Chaeyoung had spent the longer part of the night interrogating Umji and they were both fatigued.

Jimin placed his hands on the attendant's triceps and turned him around to the direction of the hall and with a little push, he said, "hurry along now, you are causing quite a disturbance."

In the hall, the King's only reaction was to pause mid-sip of his tea, and he dismissed the attendant.

Half an hour passed, and Chaeyoung asked if the King will be having breakfast with the First Royal Consort.

Jungkook said he would and he moved to the dining table. He watched as the attendants placed the dishes onto the table and his lip twitched. For the attendants only placed the dishes onto half of the table, and it wasn't his half.

Taehyung entered the dining hall, and sauntered to his seat. He gave Jungkook a little nod before looking away to the side, perfecting the look of a jilted lover waiting to be coaxed.

"You look as ravishing as always, my love." Jungkook tried.

Taehyung continued snubbing him.

"Are you starving me today, my love?"

Taehyung glanced over, voice of faux innocence, "Did your majesty not learn the skills of revered monks, to live a long life without food and water? Else you would have had dinner with me last night, no?"

Royal Guard Yugyeom, guard to the King, bit his tongue to suppress his laughter. Rarely does the First Royal Consort snub the King openly and he is going to enjoy the moment while it lasts.

The King chuckled dryly, how difficult is the First Royal Consort going to be today?

"Your highness, the dishes are going to turn cold soon." Jimin reminded.

"Oh, is this not your majesty's favourite dish?" Taehyung pointed to the braised vegetables in the middle.

Taehyung picked a piece with his chopsticks and placed it in his mouth. He hummed happily at the taste.

After he finished, he declared, "It seems more delicious than before. Chaeyoung, reward the chef with silver for his dedication to honing his skills."

Jungkook gulped, it did look good, and the smell is making his stomach roar.

Taehyung looked to Jungkook, "Are you thirsty, my King?" He continued, "it seems that your training is not adequate."

Jungkook jumped at his chance, "your wisdom floors me, my love. Perhaps I am not a suitable candidate for spiritual practice and should give up on the pursuit." He looked at Taehyung expectantly.

Taehyung pondered, "hmmmm..."

Blue orbs scanned Jungkook up and down and the King straightened his posture.

"Then your majesty might want to head to the mountains to seek advice from the most religious monks." Taehyung mercilessly replied.

T-to the mountains? Speaking of which, the King said, "there is no need, my love. Reverend Dekh will be entering the palace. He would surely be happy to answer any queries then."

Reverend Dekh, the renowned monk said to predict the future? Even Taehyung is intrigued.

The King took the opportunity to grasp Taehyung's hands. "My love, what say you, to us having breakfast together, before we meet the Reverend today?"

Taehyung slammed his chopsticks down onto the table and the King and his guards jumped. Taehyung smiled too sweetly, "we are already having breakfast together, are we not?"

Royal Guard Yugyeom is thankful his lover is not as frightful as the First Royal Consort. They could all only watch from the side, the King included, as the First Royal Consort slowly fills his belly with food.

- a/n -

Ah the problem of not completing the first draft of the whole story and publishing every chapter while writing... I have some things I regret but it's too late 😂

Gotta fix my own plot holes 😭

- rsv