Chapter 10

Jungkook shook his head as the water droplets covered his face and caught onto his eyelashes, making him shut his eyes.

If not for that, he would enjoy the warmth enveloping him more.

Eh? Why can't his arm reach his face to clean it?

He heard a giggle, deep and full of mirth. The voice was like thick honey.

This voice... no, it can't be.

"Stop moving around, silly. Your bath is never going to be done."

What?

His eyes snapped open to see a laughing Taehyung - he had never seen him laugh this way with his eyes crinkling and all his teeth on display, making him look younger than he is - oh gods, why is Taehyung naked?? And why are they in the same tub??? He can see Taehyung's chest!

"Come here," Taehyung said as he stretched his arms to reach Jungkook.

What? Oh no no no no NO!

Jungkook found himself moving backwards to the other end of the tub in panic and-

- jungkook's back hit his throne.

At the temple, Reverend Bhaagy gently stopped the disciple. "Young one, you can put that back. It doesn't need cleaning."

"Yes Reverend." The disciple put down the string of different coloured beads and it settled on the cushion with a soft thud.

"Your majesty?"

Jungkook blinked rapidly to clear his vision. What was that?

Right, he was having lunch in the dining hall. Jungkook looked back at the man who spoke in a gruff voice. Tall and stocky, the man was built like a tree trunk. General Moon, brother of Consort Moon. He had climbed the ranks from a mere solider to where he is today all thanks to his aggression in the battlefield. 

Then, he brought his sister to a dinner hosted by the King and Jungkook had taken her in as one of his consorts.

"Continue, General Moon."

"Yes, your majesty. Regarding the diminishing war supplies..."

Was that a dream? Jungkook shelved Taehyung's carefree laugh and golden skin at the back of his mind as he focused on the cold wine and what General Moon was saying regarding the war ongoing at the South border.

"I will ensure the supplies reach the soldiers." Jungkook promised.

"I am afraid that is not enough, your majesty. We have been relying on the court too much to purchase and then send us food and armoury. By the time we receive the supplies, some were already lost to pilferage." Or corruption. Both men knows that it is prevalent and yet chose to sweep it under the carpet.

General Moon licked his lips, like a child hungry for seconds, "perhaps it would be more efficient if the Court sends over gold and silver, and the army can purchase supplies directly."

Jungkook kept a stoic face. Finally you have revealed what you want, General Moon.

Jungkook inhaled slowly, and he said, "that is indeed an alternative." General Moon kept his head bowed but Jungkook do not need to see to know there is a gleam of greed in those small beady eyes. 

"I would have to discuss with the officials in Court about this." Jungkook said as he tapped two fingers on the table.

His personal attendant took the cue to invite Consort Moon whose face had fully healed and had been waiting outside the doors with increasing annoyance, into the hall.

"Brother!" Consort Moon exclaimed as she headed towards the two, all irritation almost forgotten.

General Moon has two weaknesses. One is his greed and the other is his only living family, his younger sister, Consort Moon.

"Greetings, Royal Consort." General Moon greeted cheekily. He has never gotten used to calling his younger sister by her title. He never cared much for court formalities, but he was proud that his sister is a consort and he would put on a show in front of the King.

Consort Moon paused, casting a wary glance to the King. The King was smiling the same smile as when he stroked her cheek in the First Royal Consort's hall. Consort Moon knows that smile by now. Her heart dropped.

How could a man be so warm in bed yet so cold at times? She almost gasped out loud at the audacity of her thoughts and dared not think further.

She meekly said, "It is Consort Moon, brother."

The smile slipped off from General Moon's face instantly and he had to control himself from turning to the King to demand for answers. Now is not the time.

Consort Moon squeezed her brother's hands in worry. He has always been short-tempered. She wouldn't want him to snap in front of the King and endanger both their lives.

Consort Moon turned to the King, "greetings your majesty and thank you for letting me see my brother."

Consort Moon thought that in this aspect, she was far more loved than the First Royal Consort. For both their brothers are in war, yet the King had never summoned strategist Kim Namjoon to the palace.

The King smiled at her. He said, "have a seat, my flower. Today, you and your brother can speak for as long as you like. We will eat in merriment and the wine will not stop till the General can drink no more."

"Thank you, your majesty." The siblings said in unison. The General forced a laugh and compliment at the King's generosity. A meal in exchange for my blood and sweat and my sister's demotion? I'm not a man easily fooled, my King.

Consort Moon sat across her brother at a table filled with food and wine below Jungkook's throne. She was brimming with happiness as she enjoyed her time being in the presence of the two men she loves.

- a/n -

Guess who can't stop writing hahaha

Hope you have a good day 💥

Please vote or comment, thank you!

- rsv