Chapter 38

The repairman drives in the last nail into the signboard, finally finishing up on the repairs to the jewellery store. The sign proudly reads in bold letters, "Bae's Jewellery".

"Let's not go in there, Yoongi," Jimin said as he wrinkles his nose in distaste. He will not even step foot into Bae's property, not to mention purchase anything from there. He will not recommend their store to any friends, and obviously not to King Min, who surely has more than enough to purchase from them.

"Sure, but why not?" King Min asked.

"I don't like the owners. And their daughter, Royal Consort Bae, is nasty."

Yoongi narrows his eyes, making him look cat-like. "Has she done anything to you?"

"Oh no, she wouldn't dare and his highness will never let anything happen to me."

Hmm, okay then. Yoongi might tear the Bae family apart if they dared to lay their hands on Jimin. Yoongi also noted that First Royal Consort Kim seems to be fairly protective of his Jimin. He would repay this debt one day.

"Oh, Yoongi! Do you want to go boating?" Jimin asked as he spots a little boat by the river.

"B-boating?"

Jimin's lips parted into a small "o" shape, seeing King Min stop in his tracks for a moment.

"Is that not a good idea, are you afraid of the water, Yoongi? We can always do something else."

"No! I mean, boating sounds good."

"Are you sure? Should we have the guards be with us?" Referring to the guards who had been trailing behind them a distance away. King Min had brought two and so did Jungkook.

"No, just the two of us is fine."

"Sure!" Jimin beamed, since King Min sounds confident and for some reason, Jimin believes King Min is capable of anything. "The guard had said King Jeon and his highness will be done in about two hours time after visiting Minister and Lady Kim. That should be more than enough time for us. Let's go!"

"I can't wait!" Jimin squealed as King Min looked on fondly. Jimin loves all kinds of games and rides, and boating is something he has always wanted to try.

"Baby, be careful!" King Min warned as Jimin tripped over nothing, and almost face-planted into the dirty ground if Yoongi hadn't caught him in time.

"Oh, oops," Jimin giggled. King Min sighed. Jimin's clumsiness never seem to go away.

•—•—•

"Greetings, your majesty and your highness."

Taehyung and Jungkook were both standing in the main hall of the Kim residence, and as per custom, the Kim family must pay their respects to the royal couple.

"Rise," Jungkook quickly says, out of respect for the elderly of the Kim family, and because they are the beloved family of his First Royal Consort.

"I am very thirsty, and would like to borrow a book or two to read in the gardens. Preferably alone. I would need two hours," Jungkook said, hinting that he would leave Taehyung be for two hours and he is free to meet and speak to whoever he wants at his own discretion. There is no need for the Kims to entertain him either. All he asks for is tea and a book.

Jungkook caught the look from his First Royal Consort, and he looked back and smiled, Taehyung's soft gaze making him think how nice it is to do something for someone without expecting a return. This time, he is not doing it as an exchange of sorts. He just wants a pair of parents to be able to meet their child.