35: Tales and Tails

Alyssa Mells POV

My throat felt like it was shredding itself every time I swallowed. I remember Axel telling me something about my immune system and never having the same vaccinations as the other wolves in the pack. So, because I drank the water, I was sick. Not just me, this meant those who were too young to have the shots. Everyone under age five was in danger.

I wish I could remember what it was like when I felt normal. This tended to happen when I got sick, I believe almost everyone feels this way.

How did I swallow before this? How did I drink water without wanting to gag?

All this was making me feel super emotional. Why me? Not even Axel's coaxing touch or the fact that he stayed by my side whenever he could was helping me.

How were we going to get out of this? Where was Amy?

I could barely keep my eyes open long enough to ask these questions. And even when I did, Mrs Allison just shushed me and made me drink water.

"Alyssa," a familiar voice felt like it shouted. Echoing through my head painfully. Clenching my teeth was all I could do to stop myself from snapping out in pain.

"Amy, quiet," Mrs Allison hissed at her daughter. Amy muttered a sorry before I felt her at my side.

She pushed my greased hair from my face, which was oozing a layer of sweat and just over all face grease. I was too weak to shower. I had no real idea how long it had been since I had gone for one.

"Is she feeling any better?" Amy asked, gently, this time.

I grumbled in response. Only Amy laughed.

"Amy, can I talk to you outside?" Mrs Allison asked.

Even my own heart stopped dead in my chest. It had taken way too long for me to process exactly what Mrs Allison had meant by what she said... But even now, I was being pulled under by sleep.

___

Author note:

I started writing this story when I was 14, and now that I'm no longer that age I do find it hard to connect to this story. Sometimes I don't write for months because when I do I feel very disconnected and feel I have a very passive voice when writing my characters.

But now that I'm sick and bed ridden I came back to wattpad and have been looking at comments from this book and the first one.

And damn does it make me want to write more and drop some tea.

Here's some tea:

Remember in the first book when Dorian Lin was said to be crying in the toilet because Alyssa told him she didn't like him? That actually happened to me when I told a boy I didn't like him, so I wrote it in the book.

Do you know how Amy is a super toxic best friend? She was based off my actual best friend at the time. It is only now, in the last two years, that I am no longer her friend. Amy was written as a character that was too young for her or anyone to understand what she was doing and saying wasn't right. Amy's character arc is aimed to detach her from that person because that isn't who Amy wants to be. Unfortunately not everyone changes.

I don't like the age gap between Alyssa and Axel and I highkey want to go through and change it (edit: I mean that he is a legal adult and she is not, yes she is at the age of consent, but she is still a minor). It makes me very uncomfortable as I wrote it when I thought it was cool. Do not ever think an age gap like this outside of this book is okay AT THESE AGES because it is not. (Edit: once again, AT THESE AGES).

I'm on tiktok and I highkey dig it. Guess who is on Dracotok and have no idea how they got there, Me! My @ is @geeselouis if anyone wants to follow.

I wrote Alyssa's parental situation similar to mine. At the time I was not getting along with my family (not to Alyssa's degree) and basically I felt rejected by my family like how Alyssa is actually rejected.

Lastly, I don't like how everyone threatens Amy... She is fifteen and a lot of fifteen and even older kids act like her because they don't know any better. Yes she is toxic, and unfortunately it is overlooked until something terrible happens. Please notice the signs and keep yourselves safe.