26: Trial and error

Dustin Craigs POV

Dealing with someone who was crying was foreign to me - especially when I hardly knew Amy and we fought a lot. I didn't know what to do other than demand she tell me what's wrong. And that's how she slowly started to explain to me about what had happened only five months ago.

Even her guilt tripping Alyssa to go with her to a party - then what she said making Alyssa go back to her abusive household - all in the name of mates. Because mates, no matter how much she fantasized was a foreign concept to her.

At least both of us are bad at something.

Awkwardly I offered the little comfort I could by patting her back as she cried into her hands. This talk had taken a turn I hadn't expected. I was going to make it clear - we either reject each other or mark each other. But now while she is crying, I guess that exact talk can wait a while.

"You'll be okay Amy - I'll talk to Alyssa and - " she cut me off feverishly, standing up quickly and wiping at her eyes quickly, hands fumbling.

"No - no don't say anything." Her voice cracked as she wiped her hands on her pants. My eyes moved down to her lips - I admit she was pretty hot but really awkward and fumbly.

"I could help you take your mind off it - like take you to get something to - eat?" I wanted to kick myself and then punch me in the face. I was uncomfortable with crying people, crying myself - but she was my mate and she had issues that still hadn't been fixed.

"That sounds nice." She wiped at her eyes, calming her breathing - she didn't look the best when she cried. Her face became red, her eyes blood shot and her nose splotchy. And her lips were pouty and she didn't know what to do with her hands. They fidgeted to wipe on her jeans or tug on her shirt.

The two of us walked to my car, her eyes trailing over the emerald green car. "Nice colour." She sniffled, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

I unlocked the car, walking around to my side. Amy threw me an irritated look as she opened her door. And I heard her mutter something that made remember that Amy wasn't actually my mate just yet - or ever.

"Axel opens the door for Liss." Darkly she glared in my direction. Any pity or sympathy I felt for her now dissappeared as I lurched the car forward before she could get her seat belt on. "Stop! Stop driving you crazy basta - "

I swerved the car to the side as I took a sharp corner, Amy screamed, throwing her hands to the side to grab a hold of anything.

"Help! Crazy man driving!" She threw a jab at my shoulder, feeling my muscles tense as I pulled over dangerously.

"You're a disrespectful, arrogant bit - " I was cut off when she slammed me against me, lips smashed against mine.

She was kissing me.

She bit and tugged as her hands ripped at the hair on my scalp, pushing my head down - into a submissive kiss. I couldn't stop her, I didn't want to. As she sat on her knees to hover above me I kissed her back.

Tingles ran through me from my lips, my scalp. Her dark brown hair tumbled from her head, tickling my cheeks as she moved her lips against mine roughly.

My own hands rested on the small of her back as she growled at me in the kiss - obviously not enjoying the name calling or the reckles driving. It was a bad move considering it was a petty way to get back at her for the words she said.

Suddenly there was a sharp stinging pain in the back of my neck as she dug her finger nails in. As soon as she came she was gone. Both of our breaths raggered as she pushed herself against the car door - away from me. Her dark eyes stared at me wildly and pointed a finger at me.

"Bad - no." She panted, her eyes fluttering in her dazed state.

My lips swollen as I tried to regain my breath, trying to grapple onto reality and not the infinite feeling of knowing nothing, being nothing with out Amys touch.

"What?" I demanded, jaw shaking as my teeth clattered as I tried to talk. My body rushing with adrenaline that a run couldn't wear out.

"I need to go - go home." She shook her head, her cheekbones alight with red as she huddled against the door and away from me.

Clenching my jaw and closed my eyes - I wanted to do that again.