31: in sickness and in health

Alyssa Mells POV

My eyes flickered, trying to pry themselves open as lights blared down at me from above, Axel had carried my body from our house to somewhere - somewhere with to many lights. There was a pressure in the base of my skull as I tried to shift around, my throat thick and clenched.

"I know there are others like her, but what is happening?" Axel demanded, his voice ringing through the room, lolling my head caused a reverting of pain to ripple from my neck and head, but I was trying to find him. Someone murmured a reply to Axel but I didn't bother trying to hear it. I tried to say my mates name, but I could contract enough air to want to talk. "Yes - I know but how did she get it?"

"We think the patients are getting it from the water sources - it doesn't effect humans and only attacking bacterias in a few werewolves." The voice replied to Axel, this time not muffled by my head ache. My mind painfully churning over the information, something was wrong with the water? "We assume that everyone has it - anyone who hasn't got the lupine vaccination the pack provides."

"But older pack members are sick." Axel voiced his thoughts, he was nearby, probably in the same room as me. I wanted to pry my eyes open - to stare at his gorgeous face and make him take away this horrible feeling. "Alyssa never got the vaccination because of her parents - the older memembers are outsiders from the pack never get it, mated in." He nerded out to the mystery man, obviously a fellow doctor.

"Who else do you know who is an outsider in the pack?" A heart beak skip before Axel answered.

"My Mum." His voice shook as he bit back tears, I could tell, causing my chest to swell.

"A-Axel." I managed to wheeze out, my head spinning faster, my vision going dark. I fought to stay awake as my boyfriend and mate rushed back into my room - the hospital room.

"Als, stay awake." He gushed, tucking some of my hair behind my ear, I forced a smile, fighting to keep my eyes open. In a squint against the harsh light. "Did you hear any of that?" He asked softly, I slowly and painfully nodded my head. "It's going to be okay - I called Mum, Dad, Amy - they're going to be here soon, Molly is being looked after by Rosie and Darren. No need to worry." He pressed his lips to my forehead.

"Luckily the sickness isn't contagious, she can't infect anyone - but when Mrs Allison gets here we'll need to vaccinate her." The mystery doctor spoke again, I didn't bother lifting my head to see him, instead kept it on the uncomfortable bed. "All we can do is to let Miss Mells rest."

"So you're not going to give her anything?" Axel asked, pain in his voice. He was a medicine maniac and I had taken every and any medicine he had given me in the past few days I had been ill.

"No more - you've already given her everything she needed." The doctor answered, exiting the room. "I'll let you two both get some rest." He didn't even bother trying to seperate Axel from me. His mate.

"A-Axel." I rasped, reaching out and clutching the collar of his shirt limply. Stay. I cursed my inability to use a mindlink, wishing my nose and head was clear. That I was back in bed with Axel and Molly - cuddling. Or going to school with Amy.

Anything but this.

"I'm not going anywhere baby." He pressed his lips to my temple, resting his head there. The bed clung to my sweat-cold skin as I rolled onto my back - making room for him. "How about I get you off the examination bed - and onto something more comfortable." He mumbled to himself more than me. Placing his arms under my legs and under my arms - he lifted me up. My head lolled back and I couldn't even bring myself to whine out in pain. I closed my eyes - feeling him place me down on the new bed, fabric slightly itchy against my skin. It reminded me of what I wore - Axels shirt and a pair of his boxers.

He had blushed when he had to help me get underwear - we had been together a few months and we were in love - but my underwear made him blush. So he had gotten her underwear and helped me get his shirt on and boxers.

My fingers curled tightly around his collar, making him sigh and burry his head into my chest. Wrapping his arm around my waist as he sat in a chair beside my bed. "You'll get better babe." He rubbed his hand up and down my back, the waves and tinged racing through my body. I swear it made my head clear of the pounding.

"Wh-what's happening to me?" I held a hand to my throat, digging my finger nails into it - did I swallow sandpaper?

"There's a bug some bad rogues put in the water we've been drinking my little wolf." He pressed a kiss to my nose, I fluttered my eyelashes - I liked that nick name. "Do you like being called little wolf?" I groaned, the best response I could give. He leant away, helping me sit up and handed me a small, white paper cup. "Drink." I did so, sipping loudly.

"You two are kind of gross." Amy's voice grabbed their attention, I flinched at someone talking that wasn't a low, hushed whispers. "Sorry." She quickly whispered, walking over to Axel and I. "Hey Lyss." Amy wrapped her arms around me, causing me to smile. "Axel what's going on?"

"It has to do with the river." Axel mumbled, playing with my hair as Amy leant agaisnt his arm chair. "I'll tell you outside." He pressed a kiss to my lips before mumbling a few things that he made sure Amy didn't hear, very inappropriate. I smiled. I can't wait to get better and hold him to his words.