13: Save the seat

Amy Allisons POV

My hands shook as I stared out at the pack, everyone mourning, Darren in a wheelchair, Rosie behind him wearing a black dress and hat, her eyes red and puffy.

Both the Alpha and his nephew were dead and we wouldn't have order in the pack. And that everyone was nervous - what if the rogues came back? They had practically killed werewolves and Darren twice.

Alyssa came to my side, instantly gripping my hand, her eyes trained on her mate as he stood beside Rosie with Darren. I squeezed her hand for comfort but I could tell nothing would disrupt her from her worry. Not only for the future of the pack, but the emotional state - any state - her mate was in.

It was sweet - I never wanted to look away from the two. The smiles they shared, the looks, the hugs - I looked away when they kiss because that would be sort of weird - but nothing would get in the way of their spot light. Five months in and they still acted like they were newly mated. Although they hadn't marked each other yet, I was excited for the day Alyssa would show me the mark that would take symbol of their love on her shoulder. I had seen Rosies so many times, the purple-blue swirl pattern on her shoulder, her mark that Darren had given her.

"Go to him Liss." I shoved her forward slightly, watching her as she sent me one last look before making her way through the crowd to Axel. She reached him, and I let out a small smile as Axels arm encased her, the two sharing in a loving embrace.

I was torn between journalism and being a fighter.

Both could make a difference, but I didn't know which one to choose.

Maybe I could be a journalist who secretly is a ninja fighting rogues with the pack and is underestimated and gets behind enemy lines to get information. Even saying that out loud was weird - weirdly awesome!

I watched on as Axel pressed a kiss to Alyssas forehead in a sweet and loving gesture.

Mates were their thing, not mine.

If I were to get a mate, not only would I not want to be with them - needing to find myself - but it would take what Axel and Alyssa have, and make it less special. Then there is the fact that not everyone is understanding as Axel when it came to mates.

Taking a deep breath, I walked over to the two, my brother and my best friend. I had to say goodbye, we were leaving soon, before I left I wanted to say goodbye.

"I have to go." I mumbled, wrapping my arms around Alyssa.

"See you at school tomorrow." Alyssa promised, squeezing me to her.

"See you tomorrow." I smiled up at her, turning to hug Axel. "I'll see you tomorrow to." I laughed, knowing he'd be dropping Alyssa off at school.

"See you tomorrow Ams." Axel sighed, ruffling my hair in a brotherly way.

"Bye axe, by liss." I smiled sadly, walking back towards my parents who were leaning on each other for comfort.

"What's going to happen?" I asked them, blinking back tears.

"I heard the beta and a couple werewolves talking that the alphas son is coming back - remember how he left all those years ago?" Dad sniffled, pulling me under his arm to offer the only comfort he could. "What's his name again dear?" He turned to mum, who put her hand on his shoulder, pressing me into a hug between the two.

"Cameron? Or was it Kylin?" Mum tried to remember. "It's been a long time."

"His name was Dustin." I smiled up at them, watching as their faces settled into understanding.

"It was!" Dad congratulated me, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "Don't worry Amy honey, everythings going to be okay."

I smiled, glad they were there, thay they were my parents.