28: Sigh

Axel Allisons POV

Time. All it took was a second and I was in love with Amy. I remember my parents going on and on about it that we clicked instantly. As soon as I was handed newborn Amy - only a few hours old - I loved her. And the first time Amy brought Alyssa over when they were children I was jealous. I was jealous for years until I found the small seven year old girl crying, bruises on her face. And that's when I knew she was my girl. That's when I had two sisters. Except I fell deeper in love with the other.

But they are my two girls.

"Axel - " Alyssa muttered, rolling over and away from me. She of course was sleeping - Molly had come back numerous times to check on us before trotting off to amuse herself with one of her new chew toys.

My eyes flickered back to Alyssa, her blonde hair pooled on our pillows, her eyelashes dark against her rosey cheeks and our blanket somehow looped and tied all over her small body. Letting my hand slowly make it's way towards her face, I brushed back some of her blonde locks. Her hair was soft - and it smelt amazing - and it was my favorite thing about her. Of course I loved Alyssa for everything straight up. But if she was sad, happy, angry or in the middle of a kiss - she responded to my playing with her hair. Especially around the arrest of her parents, she had fallen asleep to me playing with her hair or she was awake and in no condition to want to be, my fingers would toy with her lovely, well kept strands.

"Axel - " she muttered again, throwing her arm out to punch me in the chest. Grabbing her hand she still didn't wake up.

"Rest Ally-bear." I mumbled, rubbing my pectorial, where she had punched me. "Dang, you're viscous when you sleep." I muttered, dragging her body towards mine, the blanket was barely doing anything as she had it half off and her shirt and pants had bunched up in two different spots.

Holding her cute, curvy body against mine, I couldn't help but think back on the rogue attacks. They couldn't possibly have been a one time thing - considering they attacked twice, hard - I think they're going to attack again. And I have this gut disturbing feeling that Darren isn't going to walk out alive - even though the last few times he was barely that.

And what it do with a slowly recovering Rosie - she could barely cope with him injured and the thought of one of his best friends dying, and his other best friend probably killing herself to be with him. Yeah, that was Rosie. She was so beautifully fragile and she would go anywhere and at any lengths to be with Darren. And I would lose two friends - and Georgia, Jordan and France; their get togethers would never be the same. Never feel right without Rosie and Darren. And not only would we suffer, but the whole pack - Darren was the beta now.

Suddenly, Alyssas body jolted up, her eyes wide and breathing uneven - her mouth parted as she tried to take in as much air as she could. It didn't take half a second for me to be carrying her off the bed and to the ground - getting closer to my extensive first aid kit.

"Baby what's wrong?" I placed the back of my hand to her forehead - her temperature wasn't to high.

"Sorry - bad dream, bad dream." She muttered over and over again, her voice haunted as she clawed at my shirt. I let out a shakey breath before pulling her to sit in my lap, hugging her close. She shook in my arms, arms holding a death grip around me as she tried to steady her breathing.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" I asked her gently, running my hands up and down her side in hopes of comfort - I could feel the mate bond letting tingles run through my hands, knowing she'd feel them and be calmed.

"I - I was back there." Her voice was haunted and shakey, she didn't look me in the eye and instead stared past me. "You were there and - and." She couldn't finish as a tear slid down her cheek and she let out a choked sob before burying her head into my chest. The same chest she had punched. "I tried to get to you - tried calling your name and telling them to stop b-but they kept - " she couldn't finish her sentence, so I held her tight against my chest, pressing my lips the top of her head. "Is it always going to be like this?" She asked weakly, bring her eyes up to meet mine. Her carmel eyes were bloodshot, her nose red and face splotchy and her cheeks wet with tears. She was beautiful and I couldn't stop myself from thinking that again and again.

"No, I promise Als it won't always be like this. You're still healing baby girl - everything is going to be okay." I pulled her against me again, needing to hold her - the girl who was so important me. Alyssa and Amy are my two girls and I would be damned if I let anything happen to either of them.

"I love you." She whispered, her fingers digging into my shoulder blades. "I love you so much."

"And I love you Ally-bear. Always have, always will." I smiled sadly, letting Alyssa slowly fall back to sleep in my lap.