29: Just Great

Amy Allisons POV

Waking with a jolt, my entire face heated, I reprimanded myself for dreaming of our kiss again. What was I thinking? He's an egotistical block of meat and I - I don't want a mate.

This was all so confusing - I'm confusing. And I couldn't discuss everything with Alyssa because she's recovering from the flu.

Mum has the same flu - as do a few other people in the pack.

Maybe it was all connected - eyes widening I jumped out of bed, not bothering to hail a cab and running into the back yard with sstriped pyjama pants, a baggy tank top and dressing gown - I shifted into my wolf.

I just had to get to Darren - I could make it the faster I ran. My long, furry legs hit the ground, the feeling of grass and soft Earth under my paws as I leapt through the forest.

My mind whirled - the kiss long forgotten as I continued to run. I desperately had to tell Darren what I suspected. It could be true - it would make so much sense and if they hadn't worked it out so many lives could be at stake. My mere grasp on fighting was nothing - sure I could deliver a few swift kicks but that wouldn't be enough.

Stumbling, I shifted back into human form. Chest heaving and heart bound I pushed myself on - walking up the back porch of Rosie and Darrens home on shaking legs. Their anniversary BBQ approaching quickly.

But this was about something else - something at the back of everyones mind. They probably already know, are already predicted what I've got to say. But at least I could try and help in some way. Everything going through my mind as I knocked at the door crazily was what I needed to say.

The sound of yipping caused my eyes to widen as a small German Shepherd puppy trotted up to the door. Big floppy ears, black and greyish snout as it tilted its head. The puppy barked again, wagging its tail as Rosie walked up behind. She smiled, letting me in.

"Who is this?" I cooed, bending down, not being able to help myself from getting distracted.

"This is our new puppy." Rosie smiled. "I have a name for him but Darren doesn't like it." She pouted, picking the puppy up and squealing excitedly. "I want to name him Pinky."

"I see why Darren doesn't want that." I chuckled, knowing that Rosie would then want to dye the dogs hair - although she would never actually do it as it was probably bad for him. But she would force him to wear an unbearable amount of pink things.

"Yeah - Darren is all "Why Pinky? Why not butch?" Rosie tried to deepen her voice. "Butch is kind of cute." She trailed off, staring into the puppies eyes. "He is such a cute little baby." Her eyes teared up.

"Rose are you okay?" I asked, my mouth pulled into a frown for the older girl.

"He is so cute I just can't." She giggled, a few tears. "Darren! Can we have a baby!?" I stared wide eyed as Rosie shouted over her shoulder. A crash was heard - obviously Darren - as he ran down the stairs and into the room.

"What?" He stared wide eyed, not believing he heard his mate right. "Oh - hey Amy." He greeted, quickly hugging me before turning to Rosie.

This is a little awkward. Shuffling from foot to the other, I bit my tongue, not wanting to say anything especially considering Rosie asked such a random question.

The two were twenty four going on five, I suppose they would have kids. The two having been together for six going on seven years I'm surprised she isn't pregnant already.

"I want to have a baby." She replied bluntly again. Darren was frozen, his face turning red as he picked the puppy out of her arms.

"That is really random Rose." He smiled, pulling her closer. "Plus - if we were to have a baby - we need to be married first." He smiled, the two completely forgetting about me. The looks they were giving each other made me think they were going to make a baby right this second.

"Well - " Rosie started suggestively. "We could get married later."

"Rosie, you're the one that didn't want to tie the knot until we're thirty." He said seriously. My heart stopped - Darren had asked Rosie to marry him? This was a lot of information and I had something to say - even if it was life changing and protecting and maybe even getting the whole  packs saftey. But this was a little too much for me - I would for their conversation to finish. Even if it was intruding, I still needed to say what I was here for.

"We don't need to be married to have kids Der-bear." She pouted, brushing her lips against his. They were probably going to have a baby - Rosie could make Darren do anything she wanted. "Please - I want a mini Rosie I can teach my ways to." She exhaled deeply onto his neck. I could see his eyes dilate in lust - a need to do what she says. "Can we have a kid?"

"Uh - yeah." He huskily got out, trying to kiss her. I needed to say what I need to say badly - it is super important - and this was super uncomfortable.

"Uh - I really hate to interupt - " I cut myselg off as they pulled away from each other - obviously forgetting I was here. Thanks guys. "But I uh - need to talk to Darren - quick second." I tried to reassure, Rosie slapped her mates backside before walking off, letting her hips sway. Oh goodness.

"What's up Ams?" He asked, using my nickname.

"I'm sorry - I'll just go actually." I apologized, watching as Darrens face became confused. "I'll just go to the uh - Alpha." I shifted. "Uh - bye - bye Rosie!"

"Bye Als! Get out or you'll regret it!" She wailed, popping her head in smirking. Quickly I trotted to the front door, Darren walking me out.

"Good luck." I chuckled, watching Darren send a weary glance over his shoulder.

Suddenly the sound of the original Ghost busters started blaring through the house. My face paled as Darrens eyes widened.

"I'm going to need it." He smirked, closing and locking the door. Quickly I ran away - not wanting to - just nope.

I had to go tell the alpha now - I had to face the guy I kissed, my mate who it seems we're steering on the path of rejection. Especially considering that kiss was way over our heads.

I had to tell him the rogues are going to attack again - and I think I know when.