24: Sick wolf

Axel Allisons POV

It was common for werewolves to get the flu - or was it the flu was common for werewolves. Nothing bad - Alyssa just had a blocked nose and sore throat - and she complained before about having headaches. Sleeping was the best thing for her - heck, Darren pulled a few strings with Dustin and now I'm off work to look after her. Which is easy, all she wanted to do was sleep. And that was good - saving her energy so she could get better.

Wrapping the blanket around her, I felt her calm breathing as slept soundly beside me. I didn't care if I got sick - because sick Alyssa was clingy. The usually dependant and shy girl would mindlessly mutter in distraught if I wasn't touching her in some way. And her being my mate meant I was willing to be by her side forever - when she's sick, or when she's well - I'll be there.

She didn't stir as I rested my hand on her back, calm and quiet, our room was ours. Our underwear draw was even the same - I still blushed whenever I opened it - and our tooth brushes sat side by side in the bathroom. The door open to let in fresh air instead of having the window open - not wanting Alyssa to get to cold - even if her body temperature was lowering, a way to boost it up to fight whatever virus was inside her right now.

My eyes trailed to where Alyssas purple dress sat - she had been to tired to do anything but strip it off and wear one of my shirts and pull on a pair of pyjama shorts - the same purple dress she wore on one of our recent dates. She had bought it whilst out shopping with Amy and Rosie - the two couldn't look at me without snickering - knowing purple was my favorite colour on Alyssa. Perhaps confessing it to Alyssa while Rosie was around had been a mistake - especially since the girl had gotten Alyssa a few matching pairs of purple underwear - just to tease me. I didn't know whether to glare or blush when I had found out.

Alyssa squirmed, rolling away from me to sneeze into a tissue. I wanted to awe at how cute her sneeze was but she sent me a lazy pout - only making her all the more adorable.

She blew her nose before putting the tissues in the plastic bag - the third one she had fulled. I frowned when she didn't seem to have the energy to roll back towards me, instead she laid her head onto the pillow and resumed her pose of looking dead.

This was the perfect opportunity to go do a few things around the house and bring her some dry crackers to eat. Sliding out the bed once her breathing had become a steady, calm pace signalling she was asleep, I made my way out the room and downstairs. I had to fold the washing I had taken off the clothes line - and maybe get myself something to eat and refill Alyssas cup with water.

Padding through the kitchen, I picked up Molly - she was an overly large puppy - but I could carry her, using both arms of course. Scratching her sides I made sure she kept quiet.

"I know Molly-poo, but mummy's sick and daddy needs to keep her safe so she can get better." I cooed, feeding her. She nibbled away at the pellets as I stroked her back. "You're so fluffy." I continued to coo - my mind wandered. Could I eat dog pellets in wolf form?

I would have to talk to Darren about that - when Alyssas better. I really want to try it now.

I was distracting myself, leaving Molly to her pellets, I walked through the house, instantly finding the clothes basket I had put down when Alyssa had called me. Placing it on my hip, I carried it through the house to the lounge room where I was going to start folding. Molly paddled across the ground to come and sit on the floor beside me - somehow Alyssa had gotten Molly to behave. And one of them was that Molly waited for permission to get onto the couch.

It was amazing the things my mate could do.

"Axel." I heard Alyssas voice from upstairs, distraught and croaky. If I hadn't been a werewolf I probably wouldn't have been able to hear her callling for me. Molly let out a whine as she looked towards the staircase.

"Come on Mols, lets go check on mummy." I muttered, standing up to go to Alyssa. She was like a timid deer, terrified easily and clumsy. I heard something fall to the floor followed by a mumbled "whoopsie" from our room. "Als baby I'm coming." I chuckled, taking the stairs two by two as Molly bounded after me.