21: Order up

Amy Allisons POV

Working at Busy Burger was a fortnightly past time for me, I wasn't actually meant to work over a certain limit with my schooling stuff - but Alyssa had done it - she just never let the school know. Busy Burger didn't care that she was working hours for days in a row - as long as someone manned the shop they continued to pay, that's what happens when you're a well visited fast food place.

I had watched from inside as Axel, Alyssa, Rosie and Darren had met up - hugging and cheering as they left into the forest behind Busy Burger to play. It was sweet - even if I was stuck in here working and ending up smelling like grilled beef - to know that my brother and friends were close by.

My mind went into auto pilot as I served costumers, thinking about what.

My mate was Dustin and he was an alpha - I had only told Axel - which meant Alyssa probably already knows by now - probably along with Darren and Rosie.

But Mum and Dad didn't know - and I didn't know if or when to tell them.

It seems to be an Allison tradition in keeping their mates a secret. Smiling, she placed the small familes meals down in front of them - mind switching back to Rosie and Darrens anniversary - in a couple months. Axel and Alyssa were going together - Rosie demanding that they have a big get together to celebrate - Darren never saying no.

It was cute - they were always coupley together - but when Darren was away from her and on the job he was ruthless and scary - something that Rosie had said again and again turned her on.

Even though the two were cute - they didn't care who was watching sometimes - or they forgot.

I sighed, as soon as something was going amazing in our lives, something happened to ruin it.

My mate - being a d-bag and calling Alyssa his and all those disgusting things that made me want to beat him up.

Rosies and Darren - his constant injuries and her break down was nothing good.

And the whole pack - something going terribly wrong with all their problems and deaths, not to mention no one was really giving Axel the time of day because he looked young and inexperienced.

My mind went back to Dustin - he was right in us having talk about what was going on there. I hadn't seen him for two days and my wolf twisted in anxiousness, missing him - I wondered what it would have been like this for Axel? I could barely stand this feeling now let alone three years of it. No wonder Axel was always lurking somewhere nearby - having and arm somewhere on or near Alyssa.

His and her constant touching now was the both catching up on lost time - Axel would have been in so much pain and anguish all the time just thinking about her - not being able to see her or be with her in the way he wanted.

"Welcome to Busy Burger, may I take your order?" I smiled at the two bearded men that had become regulars - Alyssa telling me a lot about them and how the 'mate' topic was brought up a lot.

"Uh - two cokes and a large burger with chips." The black bearded one said, the red bearded one kicked him under the table. "And a side of chips - and a small burger meal."

"And." The read bearded one hissed.

"And." He sighed in defeat. "Do you have a toy?" I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

"Two cokes, large burger meal, side of chips, small burger meal and a toy. Is that all?" I penned down their order with a smile.

"Yes thanks that's all." The black bearded on tried hiding behind his hand as his friend smiled happily across from him.

"That'll be ready in a moment." I smiled, waking over to Haylee to make her start on the order.