16: Waking up next to you

Axel Allisons POV

I had never had the greatest connection with anyone until I had marked Alyssa - and she marked me back. Now there was two identical purple-blue swirl patterns on our shoulders. My face heated up remembering the amount of pleasure I felt when Alyssa sunk her canines into my shoulder, her finger nails digging into my bare back.

Alyssa was asleep, her head against my bare chest, lovingly I pulled the blanket further up her bare shoulder. I couldn't get enough of waking up with Alyssa beside me. Her eyes blinked open, to reveal her dazed carmel eyes.

"Good morning beautiful." I greeted, watching her eye flicker to the now birthmark on my shoulder, and she grinned.

"Good morning mine." She replied lazily, pressing a kiss to the mark she left on me, sending tingles through my body.

A knock from downstairs caused me to let out an annoyed growl. "Seriously?" I scoffed. "Wait here Als." I pressed a quick kiss to her lips, grabbing my discarded pants and pulling them on, although Alyssa didn't listen to me and instead put on my shirt. "Als I need my shirt." Another impatient knock from downstairs.

"No, I'm wearing it." She grinned, biting her lip. "Whoever they are can see my mark." She eyed the permanent love bite that was etched onto my skin.

"You're cute when you're possessive." I mumbled, pressing both my hands on her wasit and kissed her. The knock was more impatient and sounded like the door was about to be kicked open. "I'm coming cheese and crackers." I sighed, leaving my newly marked mate to answer the door. I pulled open the door, sending a smile in the direction I had come in, my mate upstairs in our bed with my mark, but my smile dropped when I was met with the face of a dark red headed new alpha, Dustin.

"Where is she?" He growled into my face. There was no little voice in my mind telling me to submit, authority from the alpha didn't work that way when a mate was involved.

"She isn't yours." I growled back, my senses picking up Darren who pulled Dustin away from the door frame.

"We're here to work out this big misunderstanding Axel." Darren sighed, noticing the mark on my shoulder he smiled. "Wait til Rosie finds out." He chuckled as I let them in.

"I can already hear myself going deaf." I laughed as we hugged man-like as Alyssa liked to call it. Dustin stepped into the home, his nose scrunched up when Molly came bounding for Darren barking.

"Molly!" Darren scooped up the dog in his arms. "Crap she's gotten bigger." Darren held the dog as she squirmed in his arms. "Better go tell her to get decent." Darren winked at me as they walked into the kitchen.

"Be right back." I told the two, taking the steps two by two. "Als you have to get dressed - " I was slammed into the wall by Dustin and growls emitted from him.

"What is that?" He hissed, glaring at the mark on my shoulder, Alyssas mark. Before I could reply - in a way that could have gotten me locked up or killed - Alyssa came out our bedroom smiling lazily. Her eyes widened when she saw Dustin.

"Let go of him!" She got out, not angry, the usual worried angelic voice of Alyssa came out. Dustin shared a look between us, angering me when his eyes lingered on my barely dressed mate to long, thankfully he caught sight of the anklet on her that was a representation of our mate bond. "Lookie here mister, I know you're the boss alpha and everything - but I was friends with your cousin - we're all mourning but that doesn't give you the right to be a douche." I wanted to pipe in that he was probably always a douche but Alyssa sent me a warning glance - mate bond. "And not your mate, I'm Axels - you must be confused."

"Are you saying I'm wrong?" Dustin clenched his jaw, sniffing. "I can't smell chocolate and carmel - all I can fucking smell is sex." Alyssas face turned beat red.

"Watch you're language." She found herself spitting out. I laughed shamelessly at my cute little mate, standing up to someone who could probably cause her harm - like I could let that happen.

"I'm sorry - I don't think you're my mate." He eyed her once more, it took all my will power not to growl, although I did grumble which caught the alphas attention, and he stalked back downstairs.

"Put some pants on baby." I told her smiling, pressing a wet, hasty kiss to her lips. She replied with simple okay and turned back into our room.

Padding downstairs I heard a car pull up and the familiar scent of my sister - Alyssa and I's theory came back into my mind. And I really think that the alpha and my sister could be mates - I feel like the alpha is targeting me in some way.

My mate and my sister - if I didn't respect the memory of Sebastion and Joseph I would have pummeled this bastard that walked around my house.

Taking a deep breath, for my mate, for my Amy. I walked downstairs, pulling on another shirt, to deal with this problem.