1: We're back

Amy Allisons POV

Everyone was around me and nervous - except my long time best friend, Alyssa. Her carmel eyes glowed, her wavy blonde hair in ringlets as she smiled warmly from a few seats down the long table from me. Beside her was my brother, her mate, who toyed with the ends of her hair as everyone else shifted in their seats. Nervous for what reason?

Well, I may or may not have told everyone I invited a human to my sixteenth birthday. The birthday that gives me the magical senses to seek out my mate. Whatever - I'm really looking forward to not doing that.

"Everyone act natural." Mum adressed the crowd. "Amazing work dear." Mum pinched Alyssas cheek, causing her to blush. Continuing to smile, my eyes darted behind me at the sound of a car door slamming.

"Is that them?" A voice chimed - tone riddled with excitement. Turning my head I saw Rosie perk up, beside her Darren sat - the future beta and Rosies mate - holding Axel and Alyssas small fluffy dog Molly.

"Yes." Mum replied as she stared out the window of the rented out hall. Alyssa jumped up excitedly - she going to school with the both of us.

"Calm down beautiful." Axel chuckled, earning and eye roll from me. It would never stop getting weird hearing my brother calling my best friend words of endearment.

Axels light brown hair was slightly tousled, Alyssa constantly giggling and tried to fix it because it stood up at the back, was amusing.

Alyssa had her hair cut recently,  the ends slightly matching up but couldn't really ve seen as it hung in curls. Smiling, I noticed Alyssa wearing the violet purple shirt she had worn to her sixteenth a little over five months ago. The day she discovered Axel was her mate. And my brothers tie watched with the same dark shade of purple.

It was adorable.

"Happy birthday!" Thy cheered, being pulled into a hug. Thy had dyed dirty blonde hair that she had let grow out so it sat at her waist - split ends and all.

"Thank you so much for coming." I thanked, taking the small poorly wrapped gift. It was so like Thy.

"Wrapping is harder than it looks." She grimaced, staring at the gift. "Wow, that's a large amount of people." Thys said, staring at the people behind me.

"Don't worry - they're mostly friends of the family." I assured her. "There is a few people from school, you got; Alyssa, Emily - and you remember my brother Axel." I counted off, Alyssa sending Thy an encouraging wave, which she returned. "Come sit beside me." I pulled her into the seat beside me and the sixteenth birthday celebration began.

Mum had professional cooking staff and cleaners working - Dad was setting up the stage, like he had at Alyssas sixteenth. Which only meant one thing. Speeches. "Now there comes a time in a fathers life were his little princess is no longer little." Dad pretended to blow into his hanky. "And now she is all grown up and ready to take on the world - here are some speeches from our family ad friends to you, I love you honey." I smiled, as Dad stared at me teary eyed.

"I love you Dad." I mouthed back to him, already getting emotional.

"Hey I'm Axel, Amys big brother." Axel smiled up on stage. Instinctively my eyes trailed to Alyssa who was smiling widely up at her mate. "And I'm here on this Earth to make your life hell, embarrass you and make your teenage transitioning stage awkward and remorseful as possible. That I'm supposed to not like you. But I guess I failed my purpose - because I love you little sister and there is nothing I wouldn't do for you." He smiled goofily at me. "Happy birthday." He put the microphone down and jumped off stage as I pulled him into a hug.

Next up, Alyssa.

A lot of people cheered, but no one could compete with the cat call from Axel. "Come on, you got this baby!" He yelled. Alyssa, flushed, giggled as she took the microphone from Dad.

"Amy. Where to begin." She shyly looked down, as if catching herself she looked back up. "You are my best friend, my sister. We help each other through thick and thin and you taught me the most important and cheerishing thing in life. Love. You and your family opened their arms to me at such a young age and you still are. There is nothing in the world that I'd change about anything that ever happened to me - because if it didn't, I would never have met you." Alyssas cute violet dress flared out at the hips, stopping to just above the knee. She paired it with a pink coloured pair of wedges - the ones that I got for her. "I love you Amy, happy birthday." People cheered as Alyssa gracefully walked down the stairs - unlike her mate. And was instantly pulled into a hug by me.

"I love you too." I sniffled - my best friend. Smiling, Alyssa gave me one last squeeze before returning to her seat.

A few more speeches from more family and friends had me basically crying.

My limited mascara was gone and thankfully I was able to wipe whatever it left away.

"Don't cry Ams." Thy smiled, handing me a tissue.

"At least I'm not sad." I laughed, Mum taking a turn at a speech. This ought to be good.

I smiled because I was happy. Happy being me, happy being with friends and just happy.

I no longer stuck to my own stereotyping and made my own rules. In appearance and attitude I was seemingly a new person.

And I didn't want a mate, not like I did before. I wanted to postpone that and persue my future and live my life how I want it. I want to look into journalism. I want to write and write.

And I really want to finish the picture book I made for Axel and Alyssa.

There just seemed to be something missing from it - of course I had new photos of where they are together now - but something is missing. And like the practicing journalist I want to be, I'm going to find out what.

But for now, I'm celebrating my sixteenth birthday.