23: Sick and tired

Alyssa Mells POV

Dustin was better. We had been to quick to judge - or made our best efforts to avoid him on our first meeting - and that he and Amy were mates.

But Axel made the effort - after we had a chat of what he should and shouldn't say - even if that chat was between him wanting to kiss.

Amy didn't particularly enjoy the thought of us kissing - I don't blame her, after all he is her brother - and so I end up talking to Rosie about some of the personal details, mostly for advice and pointers, which she gives. It's great to have someone to talk to about things - talking with Axel is one thing but with someone else who understood these new feelings that I myself wad shy about, really helped out.

And I had admited to her - randomly and at three in the morning - that I liked kissing Axel. She called me a cute dork but let me rant on and on about our date and some of the cute things he said.

Because I've never had a boyfriend - and I moved in with Axel - sometimes bursting to want to tell someone how amazing I felt. Talking about myself and how I felt was weird - that's why Rosie let me do it. Taking me hours to warm up - to understand how to verbalize my feelings. After talking about them I felt fantastic. Liberated.

I do talk to Axel - about literally everything - but I also like talking to Rosie, because with what I say, she has her own story of her and Darren.

"Als baby are you awake?" Axel pressed a kiss to my bed hair, causing me to stretch, instantly wrapping his arms around me. "You're so warm." He mumbled, holding me against him as I fully blinked open my eyes. "Good morning beautiful."

"Morning." I replied tiredly. "Why'm I so tired?" I asked,Yawning and rubbing at my eyes.

"Maybe because you stayed up last night trying to finish a tv show." He smiled down at me, brown hair brushes and hazel eyes sparkling.

"It seemed smart at the time." I mumbled, not remembering how I got into bed.

"Alyssa you only just started the show." He stifled a laugh, his fingers brushing my cheek. "I had to carry you to bed because you fell asleep on the couch at four."

"Four? Wow." I yawned again. "What time is it now?"

"Ten." His eyes glanced down to his watch before returning to my eyes. "Do you want to stay in bed a little longer."

"Only if you stay with me." Giving him a goofy smile, I tightened my grip around his shoulders. "Please?" I begged, watching him give up with a roll of his eyes. Giggling giddly, I held him close - letting his head rest on my chest as most of his body was draped over mine.

His arms warm as they encased me close to him, I hope he doesn't have any work for today - I want to stay like this forever. I closed my eyes to enjoy the feeling of his breathing.

Not knowing when I had fallen asleep - all I knew was that when I woke up, Axel wasn't lying ontop of me anymore. I had laid on my arms funny - meaning I lost the feeling in them - my arms running across the sheets to find Axel. But the bed away from me was cold - meaning no Axel.

Groggily, I refused to sit up, the room was dark and I had probably slept through the rest of the day.

"Axel." I called, throat thick as I wriggled my toes - trying to regain feeling and conciseness. But he didn't reply, causing me to grow worried. I missed him. "Axel." I called again, a pout forming on my lips and eyes welling with tears. Was he home? - why did I miss him so much? The only time I was this needy was when I got sick. I didn't feel sick - just tired. Really tired. So tired I scowled that my eyes were open as I laid on my stomach, head lifted as I waited for Axel.

Footsteps were heard as the door opened, causing me to roll over and stretch, silently demanding Axel to come and hug me.

"I think you're getting sick Ally-bear." He told me, his voice so smooth and calming that I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of his hand running through my hair.

"Can you stay with me? Please - I don't want to miss you." I frowned, wrapping my arms around his chest again.

"Come on Als, just get some more rest." He pressed a kiss to my forehead, standing to leave - stopping at my sob of protest.

I hope he didn't find this annoying - but it wasn't something I could control. I usually only act like this when I'm really sick mixed with really tired.

"But I miss you in my sleep." I mumbled inaudibly up at him - thankfully he seemed to hear me as I didn't want to say it again.

"Well - how can I say no to that?" He sighed, sliding under the cover to hug me.

"If you need to leave tell me - so I can go with you." I demanded tiredly, already feeling sleep take me under.

"Okay my queen." He chuckled, running his hands through my hair - he let me fall asleep again - and I hope when I wake up he's there - instead of me having to summon him when I want something.