25: Trials

Amy Allisons POV

Life seemed to never be planned and left me alone or in another predicament. What had happened? Alpha Dustin had called me to the pack house and I had to to alone because Alyssa was sick, Axel was looking after Alyssa, Rosie had to go see a pack therapist and Darren was making sure she went.

So I had to trudge through the house alone, awkwardly rubbing my sweaty hands down my jeans. I didn't know what I wanted. I mean Dustin was a dick and I had sworn myself off a mate - but. But I couldn't deny the tingles I felt if I thought of him, the rolling anger that seemed to generate off me whenever he was around left me wanting more. He angered me to unbelievable extents and yet - I liked it. I must have been intriguing to him in a way, worth it, considering he hadn't rejected me yet. He had a secret.

Sure I knew his mother died - probably why he wad cold and distant - even if it had been nine years. But where had he gone? What had he left his alpha duties to go do for years? I hadn't met him when he was in the pack - being to young or a handful to be allowed to go to most pack meetings. But he had dissappeared off the face of the Earth - leaving Alpha Joseph alone and having to pick a new in-line. Not to mention he was the only child the Alpha had with his mate - he lost everything the day she died. And yet, the alpha didn't let her passing make him into a cold ruthless man, instead he made it his job to never let what had happened to him effect or happen to his pack.

"Amy Allison?" A large, tonned and dark skin man approached me. I froze up, staring wide eyed - this was actually going to happen. I nodded stiffly, watching the older werewolfs eyes on her face. "Follow me." He turned on his heel and trudged away from me - I quickly padded after him.

I didn't want to go - but at the same time I wanted to go in. Dustin was everything I didn't want in a mate - and somehow that was pretty interesting. The large oak door opened and my fingers twitched - my whole body fidgeting. I was here and I didn't want to go in but I didn't want to stay out either.

"Amy." Dustin called, looking up from the parge dark oaked desk. Papers littered it and his fingers stained with ink. The man who had let me in, closed the door - closing me in with Dustin.

"Dustin." I tried to say back using the same playful tone he did. He seemed to enjoy my demise as he ran a hand through his dark red hair. I frowned, like Sebastion and his father.

"You're probably wondering why I sent for you." He beckoned his hand, indicating for me to sit across from him. I continued to fidgit, not really feeling comfortable with his eyes pinned on me as we sat alone in his office. "Well - as I said, we need to talk about this."

"This?" I raised my eyebrows, watching as it was Dustins turn to squirm under my gaze.

"Our mate problem." He retorted.

"Problem?" Ouch. I didn't know what to do, doesn't mean it was a problem.

"It seems to be a problem for you." He eyed me, studying my response. Weirdo.

"It's not a - " I grinded my teeth, not meeting his eyes. "I just... don't feel... Something happened not to recently with... I messed up." My voice cracked, a tear escaping my eyes. When had I started crying? Dustin eyed me before rising from his seat, striding around the table to crouch infront of me. "What I did - I just can't with you." I shook my head, warm tears leaking down my cheeks.

Everything from what I did to Alyssa and Axel flooding back to mind. What I said down to the very bruise I saw on her cheek. The hand prints that marred her skin and Axels screams.

"Uh - do you need something?" Dustin said uncomfortably - great just what I needed. This unknown man with a bad attitude seeing me crying. I shook my head again, trying to calm my breathing and wiping away the tears that fell from my eyes. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I tried to ruin Axel and Alyssas mate bond five months ago." I admitted to him - how and why, I don't know.

"And they hold it against you?" Dustin asked, causing another tear to leak out my eyes and run down my face, a warm and wet sign of how I felt inside.

"No - but that doesn't mean I don't." I sobbed, wrapping my arms around myself.

It might have been five months, but I still felt this way - and I don't think this sickness in my stomach was going to go away.