8: Als is my name

Alyssa Mells POV

Axel kept his head in my lap, eyes closed. Something was on his mind - but I didn't press as I continued to run a hand through his hair to comfort him. The television was on in the background, on a kids show that for some reason - I enjoyed.

"Als baby what are you watching?" Axel opened his eyes, staring up at me.

"A kids show." I shrugged, running a hand through his hair - nails gently raking his scalp. "I didn't catch the name." I responded, shifting so I could lay across his stomach as well. "I think it's sleep time." I yawned, gripping his shirt as I closed my eyes.

"No - wake up." Axel pouted. "I need attention baby." He prodded my side gently. Sighing, I opened my eyes to Axel who grinned back at me. I let a small smile rise - he was so handsome.

"What happened at work today?" I asked, running a hand through his hair when he tensed up.

"Rogues attacked the western borders  - a lot of men were injured." My heart sank, I couldn't believe that had happened. "Darren was hurt - but he's better now - just needs a lot of rest."

"Are you okay?" I couldn't begin to imagine Axel having to see his best friend injured and still need to keep up his bravado to the others for his job. Axel just cared to much.

"Yeah I'm okay." He smiled, taking my hand in his. "Want to go out for dinner?"

"Sure." I blushed - dates with Axel were something part of the mate package - and we kiss a lot... Axels fault.

"I'll go see what's open." He pressed a kiss to my lips before shifting off of me. Smiling shyly, I padded upstairs to change my clothes to something more dressy.

A buzz caught my attention, quickly I rumaged through our unmade bed to locate my phone - we were busy today to bother making the bed. I finally found my phone - Amy. Rolling my eyes, I answered the phone.

"Hey Liss - what you doing?" Amys voice greeted me.

"Getting ready for a date." My face flushed, supressing a giggle.

"With who?" She gasped excitedly. Cringing, I sighed.

"With Dorian Lin." I sarcastically spat.

"oh - my bad, sorry." She gagged. "So where is Axel taking you?"

"I don't know, it's a surprise." I let myself giggle, pulling up my jeans.

"So my brother is romantic." Amy snickered.

"You underestimate your brother Ams, I mean - " she cut me off.

"I don't want to know - shush, please that's scary." Her voice was in mock horror on the other side of the phone.
"I'm going to go - when you're done send me the info."

"Sure, bye Ams." She hung up, letting me get dressed completely.

"Als you ready to go." Axel opened the door to our room. "You look pretty." He smiled, reaching out to hold my hand. I blushed, looking down at my tight black shirt and dark jeans. Axel wrapped his arms around my gently and started to sway us side to side.

"I like your shirt." I complimented, placing my hands gently on his chest.

"I like your face."

"Nice compliment Allison." I snorted, using his last name for effect.

"Alright - that was pretty bad." He smiled, pressing a kiss to my temple. "Want to go now - " a high pitched whine from an animal cut him off. A werewolf.

The two of us broke apart - my heart begining to race as my eyes widened. "Axel - " I grabbed his hand as we raced down the stairs.

More Rogues were attacking - I could hear fragments of the wolf link conversations - mostly anything Axel said. I climbed into his car as he drove us to the pack house - where everything was going down.

My leg bounced in worry and nerves - the rogue attacks had gotten more frequent so it seemed - and last time it had happened. Rosie didn't bother with make up - but that wasn't why she had looked so exhausted. Darren had gotten injured - and that made me thankful Axel was a medic and not out there fighting rogues.

"A-Axel are you going to be alright?" I bit my lip as he pulled into the park.

"Yes - I need you to stay out of trouble okay baby?" He squeezed my hand. "I'll just get you to sit out here okay." His voice was uneven as he sat me down on the couch - kissing me quickly - before taking off behind white doors.

And that's when I saw a glimpse of what was behind thoes doors - Alpha Joseph dead on the ground - beside him his legacy Sebastion.

Our pack is Alphaless.