Chapter 49

"Thank you Syd," Matt replies as he puts his finger under my chin and kisses me again. "What time are you meeting Julia and Amanda?"

"12:30."

"Oh perfect, so you have time to come snuggle!" Before I can reply Matt is already picking me up and tossing me onto his bed before pulling off his shirt and jumping under the covers next to me. I can't stop the giggle that escapes as he wiggles into a comfortable spot pulling me against his chest.

I pull out from his arms and run across his room to my bag, grabbing a smaller gift bag from inside. I kick off my shoes, pants, and jacket, just leaving my oversized sweater on and run back to Matt's bed where he is now sitting up watching me. "Gift first," I instruct, shoving the bag into his hands.

"You didn't have to get me anything," he says looking at the bag in his lap, but I just wave him off as I sit in front of him on my knees, anxious to see if he likes his first gift. I got him other things too but this one was small and I wanted to give it to him now.

"Open it, open it," I chant, bouncing around in his bed like a Mexican jumping bean. Matt rolls his eyes at me but opens the bag anyways. He pulls out the tissue and places it on the side before reaching in and pulling out the gift.

"New hands wraps?" he questions, pulling out the 4 new wraps. I nod anxiously and twist his nightstand lamp so he can see them better. "Wait, this one has little Rotties on it! I have Malcolms on my wraps!" I laugh as he examines all the wraps, getting more and more excited. The first pair is black with white Rottweilers on them, the second is blue with the Penn State logos on them, the third is red with the word Satan written all over them in white, and the fourth pair, my personal favorite, is white with the word Barbie written all over them in pink. The last pair is a joke that I know he won't wear but it is our thing.

I scoot closer as he examines them waiting for a response. Maybe this was a stupid gift, I mean I have seen his collection, he has like every color wrap imaginable. Why would he want more? "I just thought they were cute, you don't have to wear them."

Matt pulls me onto his lap showering my face in soft little kisses, "I can't wait to wear these, I love them!" I smile hiding my face into his chest as he pulls us both down to lay in his bed. "You're so amazing babe, how did you even do this?"

I shrug and wrap my arms around his neck, "I know a guy."

"Well this is honestly the coolest gift anyone has ever gotten me. Thank you so so much babe." My heart is racing in my chest as Matt flips us over so he is hovering over me. "I know you need to go in a few minutes but God I wish you could stay all night."

I lean up and kiss his bottom lip which he is sticking out, giving me the sad puppy face. "You have me all night tomorrow, just me and you Matt." Despite that answer Matt isn't satisfied and lays on top of me as I try to wiggle out from under him. "Babe," I whine, "I need to go. Victoria's Secret is having an awesome sale, I don't want to miss it!"

"Oh well in that case get the fuck out." I laugh as he rolls himself off of me and quickly pulls me up, pushing me toward my stuff.

I stop in front of my stuff and turn around to Matt, "Happy birthday babe." Matt smiles and kisses me softly and slowly his hands hold either side of my waist. This is us, things go from 0 to 100 and then back down again.

"Mmmmm already the best birthday of my life. Thank you for making my birthday special, it really does mean a lot." I look down at the floor as I get a little choked up. Matt spent so long pushing people away, I just want him to know what it is like to have someone care and want to celebrate him. "I hate to say this but you should go. I will see you at 2pm for your elaborate birthday plan I have no idea about."