Naberrie Family Part 1

Start from the beginning

-It takes a long time, months actually, but it finally starts working. Obi-Wan starts to count on Anakin being next to him and not speaking, and in the silence, he opens up and starts to confide in him. It's in these talks that Anakin learns that Obi-Wan is about this close from following Yoda's example and renouncing the Jedi Way. Most of them are dead, so there are not many others to share the Force with, and he can't stop feeling the gaping holes in the Force where the other Jedi were. He feels so isolated and alone, and all of his beliefs about the Jedi Order are slipping through his fingers.

-Anakin doesn't interrupt, but he just watches him and listens, and he offers a shoulder to lean on if Obi-Wan breaks down in tears. When he thinks Obi-Wan is ready to hear it, he encourages him to challenge his old beliefs about the Jedi. He says that maybe it's hard to believe in the Order because it shouldn't be believed in, but maybe being a Jedi means something different now. If there's no one else to stop them, then they can decide for themselves what being a Jedi means in the face of a growing Empire that is hunting them down.

-It takes a few days for Obi-Wan to comprehend what that means, but he looks back at everything that's ever made him discontent with the Jedi Order and realizes not all of it is worth preserving. Obviously, he and Anakin have thrown away the rule about no attachments, and there are a few other key points in the Jedi Code that they've been ignoring. In their next few talks, Obi-Wan starts breaking down the habits he had coveted from the Jedi Order, talking about past losses and doubts he's hidden for years, if not decades. After a while, Anakin helps Obi-Wan finally find some closure about the loss of Satine and Qui-Gon.

-Speaking of a growing Empire that is hunting them down, Dooku has by now cemented his rule in the Separatist Empire, which is now going by the Galactic Empire, and it's growing every day. Neutral and post-Republic systems are slowly converging to the Imperial Senate and those that aren't are either facing tremendous pressure to do so or if the system is small enough, imminent invasion. Padmé originally intended for Naboo to be a defiant system, but Dooku ordered his political forces to target Naboo, knowing that if the valiant Senator Amidala could be swayed to the Empire, the systems she influenced would be as well.

-Other legislative and executive political leaders of Naboo, including the Queen that had succeeded Padmé's reign, go to her for advice, and she is pulled into many long debates with them and their advising councils. Padmé seems to be the only one who wants to stay away from the Empire, mostly because of pressure from the citizens of Naboo. They want to keep their peace, and they're willing to join the Empire to do it.

-It's not until Bail Organa calls her with a proposal and a plan. He tells her that there are bound to be other systems represented in the Imperial Senate that are willing to make small stands if they have someone they can follow and that he wants her to join with the Empire as a 'liberal' system (liberal meaning she doesn't actually agree with the Empire, but she's tolerating it long enough to cause trouble where it matters). With this in mind, she readdresses the political leaders of Naboo, with Bail's true intentions in mind. Grateful that she's done risking the safety of Naboo, they join almost immediately. Padmé also becomes Bail's partner in crime as they begin to recruit other senators, representatives, kings, queens, governors, and any other type of leader willing to join their cause. With Padmé's influence, it doesn't take long. Dooku notices that she's still defiant as ever, but she's not promoting anarchy yet, so he lets her be. Miraculously.

-Unfortunately, Padmé's new 'liberal' campaign starts filling up her schedule more. Not only does she have to report to the Nabooian capital for her own work, but she's traveling again, far and wide under the guise of an Imperial senator. That drags her away from home, and away from her children. She makes every effort to make it home when she can, but she starts seeing the twins a lot less often. Motherly instincts kick in regularly, and it takes all of her willpower not to call home and check on them daily. Anakin thinks this is one of the cutest things ever.