38

Three days later...

JeongYeon opened his eyes and everything was blurry. He blinked several times and his eyes got teary. When his vision got cleared, all he could see was white ceiling and white walls. He tried to sit up but groaned loudly and fell back on the bed. His head was spinning and his body was in too much pain.

JeongYeon tried to see his hands but his right hand was bandaged. He tried to lift the blanket and could see that he was in a hospital gown. He sighed closing his eyes recalling whatever happened with him.

After few minutes, JeongYeon heard some noise. The room was so calm that he could hear the footsteps coming toward his room and someone was giggling. He heard the door opening sound and people's presence.

"But mango is rare. I need to wait for the summer." It was NaYeon's voice.

"I'll send you boxes of all types of mangoes if you like them that much." JeongYeon recognized the voice. It was his mother talking with NaYeon.

"Mom, you don't need to send all the types. I'm fine with only one type."

"Okay, stay here. I'll see if he needs anything."

"Okay mom." NaYeon said.

JeongYeon heard the door closing sound. He soon felt a hand intertwined with his. It was NaYeon who grabbed his hand. She started rubbing his palm while looking at his face. She felt JeongYeon's changed expression.

NaYeon blinked few times and shrugged off thinking it was her illusion. She got up a bit and fixed the blanket over JeongYeon. She kissed his forehead and sat back on the stool.

"Mom..." JeongYeon mumbled huskily.

"Jeong...you're awake?" NaYeon exclaimed.

"NaYeon..." JeongYeon opened his eyes.

"You idiot. I'm so happy. Finally, you're awake. Wait a minute." NaYeon said and rushed outside.

Soon NaYeon came with JeongYeon's parents and the doctor. The doctor checked JeongYeon and smiled at them. They were expecting good news from the doctor.

"As I already said that he is fine. He's all fine. Now, we just need to wait for his wounds to heal and let him rest."

"We can take him home?" JeongYeon's father asked.

"Yeah but not today. He needs proper rest. I'll tell you guys when to discharge him."

"Thank you so much doctor." NaYeon bowed.

"You welcome Ms Im." The doctor just smiled and left after that.

"My son, finally you woke up." JeongYeon's mother sat on the stool holding JeongYeon's hand.

"What are you guys doing here?" JeongYeon asked lowly.

"You were almost dead and you're asking why we are here?" His father asked.

"No dad. I'm fine. I'm just feeling tired." He said closing his eyes.

"We'll let you rest for now. Let's talk later." His mother said. He just nodded.

"NaYeon, you stay here with him." His father said.

"You can stay here with me." NaYeon said. JeongYeon's mother patted her head smiling at her.

"You both need each other now." She said and left with her husband.

NaYeon sat back on the stool and patted JeongYeon's hand lightly. JeongYeon opened his eyes and turned his head toward her. He smiled extending his hand even though he was in pain and caressed her cheek.