Chapter 31

(Janie's POV)

"JANIE! GET UP!! WE GOTTA GO IN TWENTY MINUTES!!" Calum yelled in my ear. Of course the chain reaction was me falling out of my bunk and on top of Calum. "Woah... Awkward..." He chuckled smiling at me.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and got off him to stand. I sighed helping him up. "What time is it? And Where exactly is this place?"

"It's noon! And it's just a diner, I've never been there before to be honest," Calum shrugged.

"Lovely, just lovely," I groaned. I was not a morning person, I never was and will be. Especially when I'm not looking forward to the day. "Give me ten minutes and I'll be ready!"

"Okay, gotcha!" Cal went and sat back in his bunk. I turned around to bump into my Lukey.

"Woah, uhm... What happened?" Luke looked at me worried.

"What?" I copied his concerned expression, "is something wrong?"

"Your hair, it's... Purple... Dark purple," Luke told me. "Did Michael get to you?"

"Oh no Lou did it," I shrugged shaking off my concern.

"Why?"

"I uhm... I just wanted to try it," I lied. What was I gonna say cause I'm going on a date with his best friend? Hell no! "Do you like it?"

"Love it! I'm not the biggest fan of funky hair colors but you rock it," Luke bit his lip.

"Thanks Babe," I pecked his lips and ran my suitcase to the small bathroom to change.

I dressed pretty Janie-like for the most part. Dark blue skinny jeans, blue vans, and a Nirvana crop top. Well I made it into a crop top a while ago, it used to be Luke's tee. Oops? Hey I'm into up cycling!

I put on very little make-up I wasn't trying to impress anyone, except myself a bit. I didn't want to look as Janie-like as it always do, so maybe if I think I look different I'll feel like another person.

I finished off my look with red nerd glasses. They were actually real. I've had to wear glasses since I was three but I stopped wearing them around the age of fourteen. What can I say, at that age boys are more important than anything! Since then I haven't really worn them unless I was alone or with just Ashton. Luke doesn't know, and won't know for now. I still kinda wanna keep him liking me for a bit before the spell breaks, you know?

I threw my dirty clothes back in my bag, I was too lazy to do laundry with our little washing machine today. Picking the large bag up and on my shoulder, I noticed I dropped something. A Voodoo doll. Luke's voodoo doll. That's about the moment I knew my life would start to suck again. Too in a rush to deal with this BS this morning, I picked up the doll and placed it in the garbage, closing the lid over it. Then I rushed out of the bathroom and went to tell Calum I was ready.

----------------

(Calum's POV)

"Okay what if he asks how we met?" Janie questioned.

"Uhm... I told him we met on tour so just say like a meet and greet?" I shrugged.

I wasn't prepared. Mentally at least. Of course knowing Tim, he's late to everything so that's a plus to this whole thing.

"Anything else I must know?" Janie stared at me, not seeming to be caring or thinking about the date at all.

"That Tim is a cheater, he might try to snatch you if you seem too unattached to me or too attractive. Dial your gorgeousness down a bit," I advised.