Chapter 7

(Janie's POV)

"I am a terrible person," I sighed.

"Who are you talking to?" Kristen looked at me confused.

"Myself, haven't you ever done that?" I flopped myself on the couch groaning.

"Yes but I never- okay Janie what's wrong with you? You've been acting really weird lately," Kristen crossed her arms.

"Nothing. I'm just not used to living without my parents that's all," I shrugged.

"You were fine in the hotel before we moved." Kristen corrected me.

"Yeah cause that's now where we lived. We are actually living without them now, it's weird." Yes that's a reason it's just not THE reason.

"Any other reasons? Maybe that have to do with that boy who keeps showing up here?"

"Luke?" I questioned as if there were more boys than just Luke I talked to.

"Yes Luke, are you two dating? You never let me even meet him," She asked picking up her cat and petting her.

"No we are not dating! He's in a famous Australian band and under no circumstances am I going to force him to tie himself down," I bit my lip kind of nervous for some reason.

"Wait he's in a famous Australian band? Is it 5 Seconds Of Summer? Luke Hemmings? " Kristen raised an eyebrow.

"Yes? How'd you know?" I sat up on the couch.

"Cause my cousin is in that band," she explained while petting the cat.

"Your last name is Clifford, who's Clifford?"

"Michael Clifford," she laughed at my lack of knowledge.

"Well I just joined the family a month ago, cut me some slack!" I complained.

"You got the 5SOS family part right, good job!" Kristen smirked.

"Shut up!"

"I'm inviting them over!" Kristen said putting her cat down and picking up the phone.

"No!" I took the phone from her. "I don't want to see Luke, I'm thinking of never talking to him again."

"Why he's a really nice guy, despite his height. Haha that rhymed."

"Well, I'm trying this thing where I don't fall in love with people who will never like me back unless I use the vood- I mean Food!" I covered up stupidly.

"Uh okay? What food?"

"Pizza. Bribe him with pizza."

That was close.

-----------------

(Luke's POV)

"Luke when do I get to meet your girlfriend?" Michael asked impatient.

"I already explained this! She's not my girlfriend and she doesn't like me that way, okay?" I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. When do I meet her?" He replied.

"When she actually wants to see me, I have the feeling she wants to see me, she just doesn't respond to me when I text her now," I explained, "Ironic isn't it?"

"How is it ironic?" Calum asked while strumming on his bass a little.

"Cause I used to never text her back cause of recording and concerts, now she doesn't text me back," I told Calum.

"Well, maybe she's leading a double life," Ashton shrugged.

"Like Hannah Montana!" Calum blurted out. Both Ashton and Michael bursted out laughing.