Chapter 21

(Janie's POV)

"I'm sorry about the performance last night," Luke sighed.

"It's fine people get sick all the time," Ashton smiled at Luke patting him on the back.

"But it's weird cause I'm fine now," Luke shrugged.

"That's strange," I shrugged.

"Janie," Jay tapped me on the shoulder.

"What's up?" I asked turning to my best girl friend on the tour.

"Can we talk?" She whispered. I nodded and followed her into the video game room. At first I was a bit nervous, she seemed really serious and I didn't like where I thought this was going. Dumping Michael.

"Please Jay, Michael is a really great guy and he-"

"What are you talking about? I'm not dumping him! Meeting him is the greatest thing that's happened to me," Jay laughed.

"Then what's it about?"

"Luke..." Her facial expression read I'm sorry. Oh great my least favorite topic.

"What about him?"

"I may have put coughing powder that only lasts 24 hours into his smoothy..." Jay held back a smirk.

"That exists? How'd you get it in there?" I held back a laugh.

"Well, My Dad was a big prankster and he told me if boys ever bother me to put this special powder we made into whatever they're drinking or eating, and then they'll cough. It looks like sugar and/or salt so when Ava put sugar in his smoothy it wasn't what she thought it was," Jay explained.

"Wait. Why'd you do that though?" I pondered.

"Cause Luke and you belong together," Jay shrugged.

"What does that have to do with-"

"Cause if he thinks Ava got him sick on purpose then he'll dump her," Jay cut me off.

"That's sabotage!" I fake gasped.

"Janie, Luke doesn't like her, he likes you and-"

"He only likes me cause I have a spell on him," I argued, "If he's trying to move on let him."

"He can't! If he's really, under your spell then he will never move on, the only way to make him move on is you dating him." I raised an eyebrow at her logic.

"No cause then we'd be dating," I explained, "the opposite of moving on."

"Listen, Janie. I did some research on how to reverse a Voodoo curse, and we aren't even close to succeeding it. We need to break them up, that's only a forth of the first step though," Jay told me, "Are you with me?"

"Yeah. I guess," I sighed, "Let's break up a cute couple!"

--------------------

(Luke's POV)

"Hey," Ava smiled walking into the kitchen. She was wearing a black Blink-182 crop top with a purple tank top underneath with purple skinny jeans and black vans on. She looked like... Janie.

"Hey... Uhm... What are you wearing? And since when have you liked Blink-182?"

"Clothes, and since always!" She laughed.

"You don't usually wear that..."

"I'm trying something new," Ava shrugged and walked out of the kitchen biting into an apple.

"What was that?" Michael laughed.

"I don't really know... I think it was my girlfriend..." I answered.