Chapter 3

(Janie's POV)

It was a really beautiful morning I heard birds chirping up a song. The warm wind blowing through the trees. Summer was amazing already. I opened my eyes to see a frightening doll laying in front of my face. The one that looks just like me.

I scream throwing it head first at the wall, just as I hit my head on the wall next to my bed. Isn't that ironic? I got up and looked at the doll confused. It really did look exactly like me. Which made it all the more creepy.

I grabbed it by it hair just as it felt like someone was pulling my own hair. Dropping it back on the floor caused me to fall as well. What the hell was going on here?!

My phone beeped causing me to get a bit startled. I stood up and looked at the text. It was from Luke. Biting my lip, I opened the message immediately smiling.

Message from Luke:

Hey Janie, what are you doing?

Even though all it really said was hey, I couldn't help but feel butterflies. Luke was cute, funny, not a jerk, and best of all he didn't run away at the near sight of me. Which makes him a keeper. I quickly replied saying I was doing nothing. And sadly he didn't respond after that. I hate talking to a guy and not wanting to message him over and over cause that's seen as desperate and clingy. Which is not how you want a guy to see you.

"HEYYY!" Kristen called while running to my room. I quickly hid the doll under my pillow. "What are you hiding?"

"Pads..." I made up. No one ever asks follow up questions when a girl brings that stuff up, unless you're a creep.

"Oh, ew!"

"Yeah so what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, just wanted to know our cat limit?" She questioned.

"3 why?"

"Oh cause I may or may not want to but some more cats," Kristen explained.

"Go ahead, might as well start now cause you're gonna have plenty of cats in your future," I laughed.

"I know, well, bye!" Kristen ran out to the pet store.

Text to Luke:

Hey I'm bored, if you wanna come over and hang I would like that.

Text from Luke:

Can't I have work. I'll stop by after work.

Text to Luke:

What's your job?

Text from Luke:

I'm in a band.

Did that even count as a job? If it did I'll start a band now. I shrugged going to pandora and typing in 5 Seconds Of Summer radio, I just heard their music yesterday, and I like it so far. "Unpredictable" came on. I don't even know anyone in that band's name but I'll look that up later.

What if Luke's band becomes famous? Wouldn't that be cool? I could say I knew him when.

I got dressed. Then something else took over my mind. I grabbed the dolls. Why are they so weird? I went online on my computer and looked up "creepy dolls". I saw one that caught my attention. A voodoo doll, which I've seen in many movies and read in stories. It was probably fake. I read out loud to myself.

"A voodoo doll is a curse used upon a person. Where said person is to poke the doll with a needle or hurt upon any surface, the subject of the doll will feel the pain in that spot. It is also used to hold control over the subject. If perfected enough said user can control subject completely,"

I stopped reading and poked the doll that looked like me in the left arm with a push pin. Just seconds later I felt as if a push pin were in my own arm. I quickly removed the push pin from the doll and rubbed my arm.

"Shit," I whispered to myself and continued reading out loud. "Warning the voodoo doll is extremely dangerous and there's no way to destroy a doll without destroying the subject as well. If you find a voodoo doll do not touch it or use it to any extent. They are dangerous and in the wrong hands can kill people." My eyes widened. I have a box of voodoo dolls.... I was in some deep shit.

I quickly shoved the dolls in my purse, there was no way I was letting them get in the wrong hands. I didn't want to help anyone kill anyone. Did I? NO NO I DIDN'T!! Why would I even think that?! I really wish Luke was here so I wouldn't be thinking about this.

There was a knock on the door. I nearly wet myself, the thought of being able to control someone got me deep in thought therefore a snap back into life scared me.

It was Luke. I answered the door quickly.

"Hi..." I bit my lip.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah why?" I wiped the worried look off my face.

"I just got this strange thought in my mind to rush over here to see if you needed me," Luke responded. What the hell? Did the dolls do that?!

"Oh. That's strange, but I'm perfectly fine, don't worry," I smiled. "Wanna come in, sit and talk?"

"Sure," he walked in and sat on the couch as I followed and sat next to him.

"Tell me about your band," I asked.

"Well, I started making videos on YouTube while in college and then I found Michael and Calum. And we started a band, then we discovered Ashton and he became our drummer. And then Louis Tomlinson found us on YouTube and asked us to tour with them. So now we are becoming a bit more famous in the US and pretty much everywhere this year." Luke explained.

"What are you guys called? I'll look you up on pandora," I said.

"5 Seconds Of Summer," he told me.

"No way! Seriously? That's your band?" I asked not believing him.

"Yeah and I'll prove it, look is up on google images and I'm in those pictures," Luke said. "Plus I can sing to you." He started singing She looks so perfect.

"Well that proves nothing." I laughed.

"Watch the video, I'm in it," Luke argued.

"I'm kidding I believe you. I just feel stupid for not realising it," I explained.

(A/n)

Okay so basically Janie realised how stupid she is in this chapter. With both Luke and the voodoo dolls.

Love you! Xoxo! Vote! Comment!