Chapter 56»«Maybe I Wasn't Broken

Over the course of a few days, Negan let me kill anyone he had to with Lucille. I just got colder and colder. I had forgotten about Carl. Not him, but who he was to me. Anyone I knew, they weren't really anyone to me anymore. All I knew was Negan.

Maggie

The footsteps disappeared. Daryl went to make sure. I sighed and said,

"You were gonna kill that guy."

"He was gonna find us," Daryl told me.

"He wasn't and he didn't."

"He deserved to die."

"Ever since you got here, you haven't said a word to me. Would you look at me? Please?" He turned around, slowly, to face me. He sniffled, like he was crying.

"Daryl," I started as I walked closer to him. He was crying.

"I'm sorry," he told me, his voice breaking as he cried. "I'm sorry." He sniffled again and I knew what he was sorry for. I just couldn't tell if it was more Glenn or (Y/n).

"It wasn't your fault," I told him. He nodded and said,

"It was."

"No. It wasn't. You're one of the good things in this world. That's what Glenn and (Y/n) both thought. And they would know, 'cause they were one of the good things, too." We were both crying at this point. "And, uh...I wanted to kill that guy, too. I want to string them all up and watch them die. But we have to win."

"I was supposed to protect her. Your little girl. And I didn't." I went over and hugged him.

"Help me win," I told him. He nodded.

(Y/n)

I had went to Hilltop with Simon to oversee what he did in the field. I noticed one pushed Enid around. It made me mad.

"Simon," I said in a sing song voice as I put my new baseball bat to my shoulder. "I don't like it when someone is mean to a person who saved my life. May I?"

"You're Negan's daughter," he said. "Do what you please." I smiled and then dropped it. I walked over to the man.

"Help her load that shit in," I told him as Enid struggled. He laughed and said,

"No."

"Do it," I commanded. He pushed me. Simon came over.

"You're really gonna push her?" Simon asked him.

"On your knees," I told him. He laughed and told me,

"No." Simon pushed him down. I looked around to the other Saviors.

"This is what happens when you tell me no," I told them all. I pointed to one and said,

"Now help her load that damn shit up!" I turned back to him and said,

"I'd give you the iron back at home, but I'm feeling a little hands on." I took the bat and hit him in the head. Not to kill him. He fell over and I hit him again, but in the shoulder. I took a deep breath and put the bat to my shoulder.

"Load him up," I told Simon. "and let's get the hell out of here." Enid looked a little frightened. I got in and we drove off. We got back. I didn't have to explain to Negan what had happened and he didn't care. He was actually really proud.

"Like your new bat?" He asked me. I tossed it to someone and said,

"I still like guns more." I shrugged and went to get food. That night, there were a whole bunch of shots. It was Sasha. The next day, I overheard him talking to her...sexually. I went and got Negan. He went to sort it out. I heard Lucille hit the door. Then he called for me. I went to see him. David was kneeling. Negan gave me Lucille and I smiled.