Chapter 38««I Don't Want Us To Get Weak, Too

(Y/n)

The gates opened and we walked inside.

"I should find Enid, she's probably really worried," I said. Aaron grabbed my arm.

"Not yet," he said. They walked in. Guns in hand. The gates closed. They had to hand their weapons over, but they didn't want to. Of course, they asked questions.

"Now can I?" I asked Aaron.

"Go," he sighed. "Take your weapons back."

"I will! See you guys soon!" I ran off. I put my guns away and headed to the back of my house. I found Enid climbing down.

"Hey," I said.

"(Y/n)!" She exclaimed. She ran over and hugged me. We went back home and I took a shower. I changed and brushed my hair. We went outside and walked around. She was still shy. I heard Aaron was giving them a house. Enid didn't go with me, but I went to them. I passed Aaron.

"Deanna said not to bug them," he said.

"I haven't seen them in forever. I'm going to see them," I told him. I kept walking. Jessie was knocking at their door. I decided not to bug them. Later, I seen them walk on the porch. Carl came down. We went to the house next door.

"It's a nice place," I said.

"These are like mansions," Carl said as he looked in awe.

"And they're just giving them away," Carol said. Carol left and asked Carl if he was too.

"In a sec," he replied. He touched all the shelves.

"You live here?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "It's amazing." The house creaked and Carl went to check it out. He's so weird. He looks so...cute. Mentally, I slapped myself because I have a boyfriend. We all hangout upstairs all the time. He came down with a comic book.

"Find a good one?" I asked looking at it.

"I'm definitely reading this," he said.

"I have some you can borrow sometime."

"You read comics?"

"Yeah. I gotta go. Almost dinner. See you tomorrow?"

"Please stay with us. I haven't seen you in god knows when. Please?"

"Let me go tell Aaron." I left. That night, I sat with Carl reading a comic book. There was a knock at the door and they all jumped. Rick answered the door.

"Rick, I--" It was Deanna. "Wow. I didn't know what was under there. Listen, I don't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling. Oh, my." She looked around at everyone. Then, she continued,

"Staying together. Smart."

"No one said we couldn't," Rick replied.

"You said you're a family. That's what you said. (Y/n) is apart of that family. Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that. Don't you think?"

"Everybody said you gave them jobs," Rick said.

"Mm-hmm yeah. Part of this place.
(Y/n) is one of my top scavengers along with Aaron and Eric. Looks like the communist won after all."

"Well, you didn't give me one."

"I have. I just haven't told you yet. Same with Michonne. I'm closing in on something for Sasha. And I'm just trying to figure out what Mr. Dixon out, but I will. You look good."

"He could always help me out, Mrs. Deanna," I said.

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you
(Y/n)." Then, she left.

"I ain't a scavenger, kid," Daryl said.

"That's just the title that comes with the job," I said. Rick shut the door. We all ended up going to bed. In the morning, Carl took Judith out for a stroll. I went with him.

"I'm hanging out with the other kids today, you want to join?" I asked him. We went over to the Miller's. They're old and wanted to meet the little one. I seen Rick and Jessie.

"She's adorable," Mr. Miller said. Carl and I went over to the Anderson's. We walked through the house.

"We're almost always here after school, so you can come by anytime," Ron said.

"You go to school?" Carl asked.

"I don't, but they do," I said.

"It's in a garage," Ron said. "Little kids go in the morning and then it's us in the afternoon. Probably you too, right?"

"Probably," Carl said. We got to Ron's room.

"Scooch," I said to Enid. She smiled and moved over. I sat next to her.

"Guys, this is Carl," Ron said as the two stood in the doorway. "Carl, this is Mikey and Enid. You know (Y/n)."

"Hey," Mikey said. Enid didn't look up from her comic.

"Hi," she said.

"Enid's from outside too. Her and
(Y/n) came in together eight months ago," Ron said walking over, putting his arm on my shoulder.

"Oh, um, I think this is yours," Carl said handing him a comic.

"Sorry, we didn't know you got that house," Ron said.

"We mostly hang up there and listen to music," Mikey said.

"Actually that's Enid's. I thought it was familiar," I said. I took it from him. Enid snatched it from me. She went back to reading.

"Want to play some video games?" Ron asked sitting on his bed. "Or Mikey's house has a pool table, but his dad's kinda strict about it."

"It's okay. He's at work," Mikey said.

"Um," Carl started. He was nervous.

"Sorry, I guess we kinda came on strong," Ron said. "Or we can just hang out."

"You don't even have to talk or you don't wanna," Mikey said. "Took Enid and (Y/n) a while to talk to anyone. Now (Y/n) can't shut up."

"Hey!" I shouted and threw a pillow at him.

"Took Enid three weeks to say something. She only talked to (Y/n)," Ron said.

"Pull it together, sport," Enid said.

"E," I said nudging her.

"You don't have to talk, Carl. Comic?" I asked.

"Let's, um, let's play some video games," Carl smiled. I smiled as he sat down. The boys played video games and I watched. Carl turned back and smiled at me. I smiled back. After a while, Carl left and went back home.

Carl

Dad came in.

"Hey, how was Ron's house?" He asked.

"What do you think of this place?" I asked.

"Well, I think it seems...nice."

"Yeah. I like it here. I like the people. But they're weak. Even (Y/n). And

I don't want us to get weak, too."