Chapter 15««Blood

(Y/n)

"Threw a walker at me, he was gonna execute us," Dad said.

"S-So my brother's this governor?" Daryl asked.

"No, it's somebody else," Mom said. "Your brother's his lieutenant or something."

"Does he know I'm still with you?"

"He does now. Rick, I'm sorry. We told him where the prison was," Dad said. "We couldn't hold out."

"Don't. No need to apologize," Rick said. Rick went back to watch.

"They'll be looking for us," I said.

"We have to get back. Can you walk?" Rick asked Dad. "We got a car a few miles out."

"I'm good," Dad said.

"Hey, if Merle's around. I-I need to seem him," Daryl said.

"Not now. We're in hostile territory," Rick said.

"He's my brother, man. I ain't-"

"Look what he did! Look, we gotta-gotta get outta here now."

"Maybe I can talk to him. Maybe I can work something out."

"No, no, no. You're not thinking straight. Look, no matter what they say, they're hurt. Glenn can barley walk. How are we gonna make it out if we get overrun by walkers and this governor catches up with us? I need you. Are you with me?"

"Yeah." We got ready to leave.

"On three. Stay tight," Rick said. He counted the threw a smoke grenade. We made a break for it. They fired guns at us. We fired back of course. I followed Daryl. I had the suspicion he was gonna go after Merle.

"How many of em?" Oscar asked, Daryl told me that was his name.

"Doesn't matter. We need to move," Daryl said.

"Any grenades left?" Rick asked. Daryl nodded.

"Get 'em ready. We gotta gun into the wall," Rick said. Mom fired at them.

"You guys go ahead. I'm gonna at down some cover fire," Daryl said.

"No, we need to stay together," I said.

"Too hairy, I'll be right behind you." Mom fired again.

"Ready?" Daryl asked. He stepped out and threw a grenade. We started to move. They climbed up, but I waited for Daryl. Except, Mom pushed me. Oscar got shot. Mom shouted for Rick. Dad shouted for Mom. I just shouted for Daryl. I didn't wanna leave him. Rick shouted for him as he grabbed me.

"I'm not leaving him!" I shouted.

Hershel

I put Judith to sleep and went to find the kids. Carl and Beth were loading guns.

"Finally got Judith to sleep," I said.

"How are we with formula?" Carl asked.

"We got enough to last us another month." I went over to the steps they were sitting on. Carl nodded and said,

"I'll take Carol for some more at the end of the week."

"Your dad and the others will be back by then," Beth said.

"We don't know that. Right now, Judith is the only family I got." A woman started screaming.

"What was that?" Beth asked.

"That was from inside," I said.

"Was it Carol?" Carl asked.

"She's out keeping watch in the guard tower with Axel."