Chapter 47»»Now What

(Y/n)

I sat on my porch. I kept thinking of that bat going down on that man's head. I imagined what that man would do. Could do. To my group. My family. To me. It began raining a little bit. They came back and I wanted to go see them, but my body was frozen. Mom came over and told me to be in the church in one hour and she walked away. Before she did, she handed me a piece of paper. I looked at it and it was an ultrasound. I smiled. Then, it dropped when I started thinking about Negan. What if he killed Mom? I took the paper inside. Then, I went to the church. Rick told us about the deal Mom made. He talked about the Saviors. Negan. I froze. He wants us to kill him. Fight him. We'd lose. All I heard was mumbling. I got frustrated and left. I walked home. That night, I heard Mom and Dad discussing what she'd do.

"And (Y/n)?" Dad asked. "I don't want her near this. She'll stay here. Keep her safe. I don't know what I'd do if she got hurt. I mean, she was lost forever until we found each other again. She was injured whenever we got separated. She almost lost the girl that saved her life and watched people die and get hurt. Is she even mentally okay?"

"She won't talk to me," Mom said. "I've tried, Glenn. She just won't open up to me. I have no clue why."

"Have you asked Daryl? They've always been close."

"I didn't even think of that." I rushed to my room as I heard moving around. After a while, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said. The door opened and Daryl walked in.

"Your mom wanted me to talk to you. What's been going on kid?" Daryl asked. He sat on my bed as I looked out my window.

"Everything," I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Everyone ignored what happened weeks ago. Sam, Jessie, Ron, they all died in front of me and I knew them for almost a year. Then, Carl got shot. When he turned around...I didn't know what to do. And to help this group, I can't do anything. That next day, it felt like I had died. My body...my...emotions...my thoughts...just went numb. And I didn't know what to do. I want to go and help fight. No one will stop me. I don't care if I get killed or not or hurt because I've been hurt before. I've been shot twice and I've gotten past it. What's a third time? I want to do more, Daryl. I need to tell you something and you can't tell my Mom or Dad or Rick or anybody. I know you'll tell my Mom and Dad about what I've said so far, but you can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. Okay?" I looked at him.

"Shoot," he said.

"That guy," I started. "Negan? I saw him. I went out yesterday and...I watched him kill someone. It was awful."

"You're definitely coming kid. I have to tell Rick you-"

"No! You can't. I'll come, but you can't tell Rick. Promise me!"

"Kid-"

"No! Promise me, Daryl! Please?"

"Alright kid, I promise." He let out a sigh and stood up. He came over and sat with me.

"You gonna be okay, kid?" Daryl asked me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked him.

"This world, it's tough. Especially for you since you've been through a lot, but you're strong. You gotta be tougher, alright?" I nodded.