Chapter 51««Go Get My Daughter

We walked outside. I seen someone talking to Enid. Davey. He threw her balloons on the ground. The ones she and Dad used to signal us. I walked over.

"Hey!" I shouted, trying to act like Negan. "Pick those up and give them to her. We don't do that."

"I don't answer to you," he told me.

"Who are you?"

"Excuse me?"

"As Negan's daughter, who the hell are you? I will have your head on a spike back at home. Pick the damn balloons up and give them back to her. Now." He honestly looked scared and picked them up. He gave them to her.

"Take other shit. And don't talk back to me. You're forgetting what power I have over you," I said. He walked away. I looked at Enid.

"Daughter?" She asked.

"It's not a choice, but it comes with perks," I told her.

"When are you coming back?"

"Never. I'm stuck there. I'm never leaving." We had left Alexandria after they found all the guns. The one Carl had wasn't even on the list. We unloaded the things we didn't burn. I felt horrible. We got back to the Sanctuary. I went to my room to put my stuff away. Negan stood at my door.

"Why'd you boss Davey around?" He asked as I put my dagger away.

"I don't care if it's against your rules, but he was being rude to my friend. She saved my life once," I told him. "She had balloons that her and...Glenn had used to signal us they were okay. He threw them on the ground and, to me, it was disrespectful. So I made him pick them up and give them to her. I don't care who I am anymore, but I know that my friends won't suffer because of me or anyone. Including you. At least her."

"I didn't say you did a wrong. I could care less who you stick up for as long as they deserve it."

"I owe her one. That's it." I left the room.

Carl

"Enid," I said.

"I need to see Maggie," she said as she began climbing.

"You're walking to the Hilltop? It's far."

"I'll be fine."

"Maybe."

"I'll be fine. I need to let Maggie know (Y/n) is okay. I have better aim than you." I looked down sadly. She let out a deep exhale.

"I didn't mean it that way," she apologized.

"I'm not saving you anymore," I told her.

"That's what happened in the armory? You saved me? Well, what about (Y/n)? You told me she wasn't going."

"I didn't know she was."

"You made it back in one piece. (Y/n) didn't come back at all. You're still here."

"I'm not talking about that."

"I'm sorry you had to see it."

"I'm not." I walked away as she climbed over.

(Y/n)

I walked into the room where everyone had worked. They all seen me and kneeled. I looked for Negan to come around, but he wasn't there.

"I'm just watching, continue," I announced. They all stood and continued. I went to my room and stared for a while until...

"Hey," someone said. I turned around and seen Simon. He said,

"Negan wants to see you."

Carl

I told Enid about why I wasn't sorry for seeing what happened.

"I watch them take (Y/n) away too," I said. "She didn't struggle. Didn't care."

"Why?" Enid asked.

"She was right next to Glenn when he... The blood got on her face. She looked broken."

"She was broken when we met each other. She really loves you."

"Yeah."

"Do you...do you think she's really one of them now?"

"I want to hope not, but she might be. She said it wasn't a choice so."

"I just don't think she'd actually do it." We had finally got to Hilltop.

"I don't think Negan's here," I said as we seen the trucks. "I don't see that black truck. (Y/n) wouldn't be here either."

"You weren't taking a drive," Enid said. No, no I wasn't.

"You weren't coming to get me," she said.

"I can't let them get away with this," I said. "You know I can't."

"I know."

"Come with me. You want to kill them, too. We'll get (Y/n) and kill them. We can do it."

"Uh. You said it. It'd be for us. Not for Abraham, not for Glenn. Not for Maggie, or (Y/n). You're doing it for you."

"Yeah."

"So if it all goes right...and you do it...how do you get away?"

"It wouldn't matter."

"It would to (Y/n). She doesn't want you dead because of her. Just come with me. Come see Maggie and let her know about (Y/n). "

"Just go." She sighed.

"I can't make you stay, but I won't stop you from going," she said walking away.

"They'll see you," I said.

"No. They won't." I hopped in the back of the truck. Then, someone else did too. I think his name was Jesus. He's from Hilltop.

Enid

"You're here," a familiar voice said. I looked quickly and seen Maggie. I hugged her and asked if she was okay.

"I'm not," she said. She walked over to Glenn's grave where I had placed the green balloons.

"But I will be," she said turning to me.

"(Y/n)," I started. "She's okay. She will be too."

Negan

The little serial killer killed one of my people. I whistled approaching him.

"Damn," I said softly. "You are adorable." I put one of my guys in front of me.

"Did you pick that gun 'cause it looks cool?" I asked him. "You totally did, right? Kid, I ain't gonna lie--you scare the shit outta me." One charged at him and got killed while Dwighty boy knocked him down and took his gun.

"Dwight," I said. "Back off." He took his knife and walked away. I held out my hand to help him up.

"Is that any way to treat our new guest?" I asked. "Come on, kid. I will show you around. You know, you do that same damn stink-eye as your dad, except its only half as good 'cause...well, you know, you're...missing an eye. Really? You're really not gonna take my hand? 'Cause you're lucky you even still have a hand. Same as your boy Daryl over here, now that I think about it. How's the job going, Daryl? Hot enough for you? Yeah, it'd be tough with one arm." He gave up and let me help him up.

"Ah, smart kid," I said. "Now come with me. Dwighty boy, why don't you grab Daryl, take him to the kitchen, do a little grub prep. New plan, boys. Let's burn the dead, unload the truck later. Damn, I'm not gonna have time to screw any of my wives today. I mean, maybe one. Oh, speaking of. Simon, I need you to go get a guest for me. Tell her to meet me in that room."

"Who'd you like?" Simon asked.

"Go get my daughter."