Chapter 36««I Found Them

Carl

We buried Beth. Maggie was so upset. Noah was upset. We all were. I'd hoped we find (Y/n), but I didn't wanna tell her what happened. We were gonna go to Virgina. I didn't want to because I knew (Y/n) was around here. Somewhere, but everyone had given up on her at this point.

(Y/n)

Days went by and my wound had healed, a bit. It wasn't deep and I regretted it. I stopped looking for everyone. Enid wouldn't let me go. I got most of my sanity back. I played video games with Ron and read comics with Enid. Aaron wanted me to go, but I didn't.

"Wanna go outside?" Enid asked me.

"Walls?" I asked her. She nodded and that's what we did. We went outside the walls and read comics and ate snacks. Walkers approached us.

"I got it," Enid said. She stood up.

"Wait," I said grabbed her arm. I stood up.

"I got it," I told her. I took her knife and went over to the walker. I stabbed it's head. I pulled out the knife and it dropped. I stared at it, thinking of my family. My friends. Mostly I thought about that walker. A while ago when I wanted it to kill me. I snapped back to reality when I heard Enid saying my name.

"You good?" She asked.

"Just thinking," I said.

"Of?"

"A while ago, before I met you, I came across a walker and I debated letting it kill me. But I didn't. Just like I didn't tell my friends how much they had meant to me. How much my aunt, my mom, dad, how much they meant to me. How much Carl had meant to me. Now, now I'll never find them." At this point I was crying. Enid hugged me and I hugged back.

"What if I never find them?" I asked her, crying.

"You found me," she replied.

Carl

Tyreese didn't make it back. Dad said he got bit. We had a service for him. We all put dirt on him because that's what we do? I don't know. I think it's a religious thing. Sasha wasn't herself anymore. We made him a cross and put his hat on it. We were on the road again. We decided to go to Washington. Maggie was still a mess. It had been a while since Beth died. Tyreese too. Three weeks to be exact. I felt bad for her and Sasha. I think Sasha has handled it better than Maggie. We were out of water. Or almost. Hadn't found a stream in a while. They've all turned into paths. We had sixty miles until Washington. No sign of (Y/n) at all. The car ran out of gas. So our only choice was to walk until we found another one which we didn't. We were all pretty weak. Slow. Hungry. Thirsty. Daryl split up from the group for a while. Carol followed him.

"I found this when we were looking for water," I said to Maggie handing her a box.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I think it used to play music." She opened it.

"It's broken," I said.

"Thanks, Carl," she said. "(Y/n) used to have a music box."

"I thought you might like it." I kept walking. I heard Maggie and Gabriel talking. I just focused on, maybe not, starving. Walkers followed us. I held Judith. We needed to find something. We've been walking for hours. The walkers were far back, but one stop, they could catch up.

Daryl

"Anything?" Carol asked. I looked around.

"No, it's too dry," I replied. "There ain't nothing here."

"Maybe we should start back."

"You go."

"I think she saved my life." I stopped.

"She saved your life too, right?" She asked. She walked over next to me. She held out Beth's knife.

"It was hers," she said. I took it. I held it.

"We're not dead," she said. "That's what you said. You're not dead. I know you. We're different. I can't let myself--but you...I know you. You have to let yourself feel it." She messed with my hair and kissed my head.

"You will," she said and walked away. I probably will give this to (Y/n) when we find her. So she has something of Beth.

Carl

We got to a point and started to attract the walkers off a cliff. Sasha had other plans. We kept walking. We seen cars and I let my dad know.

"I'm gonna head out into the woods," Daryl said. "Circle back."

"May I come with?" Carol asked.

"No. No, just me." He left. We went through the cars. We waited for Daryl to come back and he did. I held Judith. All we found was booze. A couple dogs came out of the woods. Sasha killed them. I didn't watch, but I heard. Well, we had food. On the bright side anyway. Dark side, we were eating dogs. I kept telling myself it was chicken or something. We kept walking after some rest. I heard Maggie opening up to Glenn about Beth. I heard one thing.

"I just hope my baby isn't that way," Maggie said. Then, I pushed all the talking away with my own thoughts.

(Y/n)

Aaron came up to me.

"I'm going out today and tomorrow, then taking a break for a while. Coming or not?" He asked me.

"Maybe...maybe tomorrow," I replied. "Not feeling up to it today."

Carl

Someone left us water. From a friend? Eugene was gonna drink it, but Abraham stopped him. It started raining. I kept my hat over Judith. Tata and Rosita layed down. We all enjoyed it. Besides Maggie, Sasha, and Daryl. It was rained really hard. Judith cried. It was thundering too. It was gonna be a big storm. Daryl talked about a barn. So we went inside. It was a place to sleep and take a breath so.

Enid

Aaron came back and went up to
(Y/n).

"Coming tomorrow?" He asked her smiling.

"I don't think so," (Y/n) replied not looking up from her book.

"Yeah, you are."

"I'm good."

"(Y/n). Listen. You're gonna wanna come."

"I'm not going!" She sat up and looked at him.

"(Y/n)," Aaron said. "I think

I found them."