Chapter 19««Anymore

(Y/n)

We drove to a town, I think. We followed these arrows. We entered this place. I think it was a station. Rick was frustrated that it was empty.

"Got any other police stations in town?" Michonne asked.

"I was the police here," Rick said. "Me and a few other guys. Ain't a big town." Guess this was his old town.

"There's other places to check," Rick said. "May not have as many guns in here, but-"

"We need as many guns that were in here. Ammo, too," Michonne said.

"Yeah, we do, but right now, I only got line on a couple. There's a few places on main street-bars, liquor store. Owners had a gun or two behind the counter that people didn't know about. I did. I signed the permits. They might still be there. Do you have a problem with that approach?"

"No, Rick. I don't have a problem." She handed him a bullet. She walked away. Rick messed with it and put it in his pocket. We went passed a sign that said 'AWAY WITH YOU' and then we seen burned bones. We kept walking. The boys got out there guns and Michonne her sword, while I got out my bow and an arrow Daryl had found for me. He hadn't shown me how to use it so I put the bow away and held the arrow.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I don't know," Rick replied. It was like a trap with lots of spikes. There were places with words on them. Signs hanging. There were traps for walkers.

"It looks like somebody already made this theirs," Michonne said.

"Doesn't mean they found what we're looking for," Rick said. "Couple of the places are just up ahead. Let's get in and get the hell outta here." We went under barbed wire.

"There," Rick said pointing. "Tyrell's. A shotgun and two hand guns. License issued to Tyrell Debbs." Walkers followed us, but got caught by the trap. Michonne went to stop it, but Rick stopped Michonne and said why. A gunshot went off before she got to it.

"Hands!" He shouted as we seen him. We listened.

"Now drop what you've got and go. Your guns, your shoes, bow and arrows, and that sword!" He shouted. "All of it. 10 seconds."

"Run for the car now," Rick told us. He started counting.

"Dad," Carl pleaded.

"We need that rifle," I said.

"I think I can get up there," Michonne said as the man counted to eight.

"Kids, go," Rick said as he started shooting. Carl grabbed my hand and we ran. The man shouted. At what, I didn't know. We looked and he was gone. Michonne was up there now. The gunfire started again. He got closer and Carl shot him. Which scared me.

"You okay?" Rick asked. I nodded and Carl said, "Yeah."

"I told you to run for the car. I didn't want you to have to do that," Rick said

"I had to." Rick bent down.

"He's wearing body armor," Rick said tearing it open.

"He's alive," I said.

"Do we care?" Michonne asked. He took off his helmet.

"Yeah," Rick said. Carl and I looked after the man-er Morgan while they inspected the inside. They took him inside as Carl followed. I stayed outside. I kept watch. Can never be too safe. This place was insane and he must be too. All I heard was, "Take (Y/n) too." I sighed as they came down. I followed them and Carl was moving pretty damn fast.

"You don't have to come with me. I can handle it," Carl said.

"I told your dad I'd help you," Michonne said.

"I didn't. See ya," I said turning around just to have Michonne pull me with them. I sighed.

"Yeah okay," Carl said sighing.

"Guess we should take care of that," Carl said as we approached a walker. Michonne went up and killed it. Carl wandered off. I followed him.

"You aren't going alone dipshit," I said. Michonne caught up to us as I grabbed Carl's arm and made him face me.

"What the hell was that?" I asked.

"I want to do this on my own," Carl replied. He started walking away. I looked over with Michonne at the baby place.

"You just pasted the baby place," Michonne said. He stopped, looked back, and said, "I'm getting Judith something else first, okay?" He continued to walk. We walked behind him at a slower pace.

"What's his problem?" Michonne muttered.

"Everything," I said scoffing a bit. I didn't know where we were going, but I followed anyway. We went to a bar or a Cafe, I think. Carl wiped a spot so he could see and went to open the door, but Michonne stopped him. He started to walk away and we followed.

"Think I was gonna let you go in there?" She asked. He stopped and turned to her.

"I just think its none of your business," he said. "You don't know me. You don't know my dad."

"I came out here to help."

"You came out here for common interests. We have the same enemy and the same problem and that's why you're here. That's it. This is important. I'm going to do this and I know how I can. You can't stop me." He started to walk away again.

"Psst," Michonne said. He looked back.

"I can't stop you and neither can she," she said. "But you can't stop us from helping you." We took rat traps and pushed them inside. They swarmed it. I stayed outside. I didn't want to help that selfish prick. They went in. I'm not sure what he wanted and I really didn't care. Suddenly, they came outside. I had heard stuff from inside.

"I have to go back in," Carl said.

"Where is it?" She asked.

"We have to go back. We have to. I have to. It's the only one left!" They looked at each other.

"Fine," he said.

"Not like this," she replied. I walked around the side. I went in and seen a picture on the floor. It was his family. I knew what that meant to him. I quietly grabbed it. I seen a cat that I knew Michonne would like. I grabbed it, but a walker almost got me. Almost as in Michonne killed it. We got out and I handed it to Carl. He smiled.

"I just-" he started. "I just thought Judith should know what her mom looked like. Thank you." I started to walk off. I didn't care what they talked about behind me. I didn't. I'd still do anything for him and it's hard to say, but...he isn't my best friend

anymore.