Chapter 30»«This Is My Life Now

Carl

We buried our stuff. Our weapons. I know. (Y/n) wouldn't have thought I was a monster. She would pick my chin up and look me in the eyes and tell me I wasn't and I'd believe her. I would. For a while. But...she's not here. No one could cheer me up like she could. I missed her and I loved her. Now, now I'll never get to tell her. I still hoped and wished that she was alive. We went inside over the fence. There was a faint woman's voice until we got to a place. They gave us a welcome. We got checked for other weapons, but I was a little hesitant. The man's name was Gareth. They gave us our weapons. We followed Alex. He gave us a tour.

"So how longs this place been here?" Daryl asked.

"Since almost the start," Alex replied. "When all the camps got overrun, people started finding this place. I think it was instinct, you know?"

"Is there a girl with (h/l), (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, wearing a (f/c) long sleeve, leather vest, and combat boots here?" I asked. "Maybe fifteen? Fourteen?"

"No, she a friend?"

"Something like that."

"Anyway, follow a path. Some folks heading to the coast, others out west or up north, but they all wound up here."

"Hi," a woman said. "Heard you came in the back door. Smart. You'll fit right in here."

"Hey, Mary, would you fix each of these new folks a plate for me?" Alex asked.

"Why do you do it?" Michonne asked. I looked around and noticed a few things I recognized and so did Dad.

"Why do you let people in?" She asked.

"The more people become apart of us, we get stronger," Alex replied. "That's why we put up the signs, invite people in. It's how we survive. Here." He handed me a plate and I gladly took it. Dad knocked the plate out of his hand and grabbed him. I knew why. He held a gun to his head and we all aimed at others. They aimed at us.

"Where the hell did you get this watch?" Dad asked. He asked him again.

"You want answers? You want anything else?" Alex asked. "You get 'em when you put down the gun."

"I see your man on the roof with a sniper rifle. How good's his aim? Where'd you get this watch? Where'd you get the watch?!"

"Don't do anything! I have this! You just put it down. You put it down! You want to listen to me. There's a lot of us."

"Where did you get the watch?"

"I got it off a dead one. I didn't think he'd need it."

"What about the riot gear? The poncho?"

"Got the riot gear off a dead cop. Found the poncho on a clothesline," Gareth said.

"Gareth, we can wait," Alex said.

"Shut up, Alex."

"You talk to me," Dad said.

"What's there left to say? You don't trust us anymore."

"Gareth," Alex said.

"Shut up."

"Gareth, please."

"It's okay. It's okay. Rick, what do you want?"

"Where are our people?" Dad asked.

"You didn't answer the question." Shots began going off. We ran. They shot at our feet, which was strange. Dad kept trying to protect me. We tried going out our entrance, but it was blocked. We went back outside, through 'A'. We kept running. There were people shouting help in the containment things. We ran in a room full of candles. With words in the room. 'Never Again, Never Trust, We First, Always.'

"What's the hell is this place?" Daryl asked.

"That's people, I don't think they're trying to kill us," Michonne said.

"No, they were aiming at out feet," Dad said. "There." There was words on the floor too. We left. Still, they aimed at our feet. We were trapped.

"Drop your weapons, now!" Gareth shouted from a roof. I hadn't turned around to look. I just looked at Dad.

"Now!" So, we did.

"Ringleader, go to your left! The train car, go. You do what we say, the boy goes with you. Anything else, he dies and you end up in there anyway." Dad followed his directions.

"Now the archer!" Daryl followed his directions. I wanted to run so I could be with (Y/n) again. I didn't.

"Now the samurai." Michonne followed his directions. They lined up.

"Stand at the door, ringleader, archer, samurai, in that order!"

"My son!" Dad shouted.

"Go, kid!" I went. I walked to my dad.

"Ringleader, open the door, and go in!"

"I'll go in with him," Dad shouted as I still walked over.

"Don't make us kill him now!" Dad...followed directions. We all did. I got to the steps and went inside. Dad grabbed me. They closed he door. In the darkness, we seen familiar and unfamiliar people.

"Rick?" Glenn's voice echoed.

"You're here," Dad said.

"(Y/n)?" Maggie asked.

"No," I said, my voice cracking.

"They're our friends," Maggie said as others appeared. "They helped save us."

"Yeah," Daryl said. "Now they're friends of ours."

"For however long that'll be," the ginger said.

"No," Dad said. I messed with my hat, remembering when (Y/n) wore it when I was learning how to farm.

"They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out," Dad started.

"Find out what?" The ginger asked.

"They're screwing with the wrong people."

(Y/n)

Aaron invited me out on a run. We went searching for my group. Rick, and the rest. We went to a jewelry shop. I seen a bracelet in the window with a little sheriff hat charm on it. I put my hand on the window.

"You wanna go in and get it?" Aaron asked.

"No, Carl. He, he should have my bracelet when we find him," I said. I had my hair the way I wanted it. I messed with the ends of my (h/l), (h/c) hair. Thanks to Jesse Anderson for it. Glad we have a hair stylist. We got back to Alexandria. I began taking pictures with a Polaroid camera. I gave them to Aaron. He shows them to the new people he finds. I hung out with Enid and we went outside the walls, read comics, ate snacks, and went back inside. Its funny how

This is my life now.