s i x t y - e i g h t

( this is rough and could've turned out better but ... you know I'M DOING THIS FOR U SO U KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED! (instead of Canon 6B, this is the truth, yk.) )

Liam was nearly back home when he remembered he had cycled to the animal clinic earlier

Liam was nearly back home when he remembered he had cycled to the animal clinic earlier. Of course he must've left his bike behind.  It was dark, and cold, so he decided he would just pick it up the next day instead of going all the way back now.

The pack was going to meet again after school tomorrow, to meet Melissa at the morgue inspecting Gregory Flenton's body. Liam was already shivering at the thought of it. 

"T.O.? Well, hi" Liam spoke into his phone. He had just dialed the number once he was back in his room, kicking off his shoes. His mom would kill him for not getting out of his shows downstairs. But right now he didn't care.

"Liam? Do you know how late it is?"

"Yeah." Liam said and looked at his watch. Oops. Actually he hadn't known, but it had taken him quite a while to walk all the way back home.

"I just needed to call in to tell you that I can't make it to practice after school." Liam clenched his jaw. 

"Oh." T.O. sighed. "Well, okay. You're not the first to tell me this."

Liam knew that T.O. was worried about the Lacrosse game coming up next Tuesday. He probably should have been as well, but he had a ton of other stuff on his mind first.

"Yeah well, you know, I think that by the end of the week people will calm down again." Liam said to cheer him up, but he knew T.O. had every reason to be concerned of the game taking place and their performances not being off entirely because everyone was dead-ass scared. "I think the day after tomorrow, the whole team will be back for practice."

"Yeah, you're right." 

Liam knew that T.O. knew that he wasn't right. 

"Anyway, Liam, I'm going to hang up on you now. Thanks for letting me know, anyway"

"Yeah, sure." And so he hang up. 

Liam hated the pack for scheduling the meeting with Melissa right during his practice time. But he also didn't speak up on it or insisted. He just agreed to everything everyone had said, because he felt bad for Theo showing up.

The next morning, Liam was surprised that he didn't see Theo around the at school. He had expected him to show up against his will once again, talking him into something or talking about how they were partners now. But he didn't, there was no sign of Theo. In a way, it pissed Liam off. He wanted to tell Theo that it was stupid he showed up at the animal clinic and that he only made things worse. Theo would've chuckled at this and Liam would've had more reason to hate him. It was odd he wasn't around.

Liam, Scott, Stiles, Mason and Corey were supposed to meet with Melissa at 4:30 pm. Melissa was already waiting for them there, looking concerned. But there were only the four of them.