s e v e n

Now all I seem to be is tired
Cause living is killing me, I'm not who I used to be
- like a ghost, deaf havana

Liam woke up because of the alarm of his phone, feeling the cold concrete of the ground on one side of his face

Liam woke up because of the alarm of his phone, feeling the cold concrete of the ground on one side of his face. He was confused about why he wasn't at home in his bed at this time, but then he remembered the night. The Distillery. The hit on the head.

As he realized the alarm on his phone was because he had school today, he sprinted up, running back home in one shot. There was no time for a rest.

He made it in time for second period, his friends obviously alarmed.

"Where were you?", Hayden whispered, slightly confused.

"I told you", Liam started without looking at her, "I slept in"

Hayden eyed him suspiciously, but Liam simply started to copy what the teacher had written onto the black board.

"I talked to the others", Hayden said after a while, "We will follow you to the Distillery after school."

"Come on, Hayden", Liam said, his hand still holding the pen while writing things down.

"What? We're your pack, Liam", her voice was calm as she spoke. Suddenly, Liam looked at her in disbelief, placing the pen on the table that still moved for a while before it was at rest.

"You're not. my. pack.", Liam said, looking deep into her eyes. "I'm not even an alpha."

"What are you talking about", Hayden raised her voice leaning towards him a little, trying to convince him her and the others were on his side.

"I am not an alpha. Scott is not here. Therefore, you don't have a pack.
We don't have a pack."

Liam being so tensed made Hayden upset. It was nice as long as they didn't have to start walking around the Preserve for weird supernatural somethings, it was all good; yes actually great as long as Liam played Lacrosse and Hayden football, for as long Mason and Corey could make out in the library during the breaks and for as long as Hayden and Liam went to Taco Bell everyday after school. Now, Liam got these moods of isolating himself from the rest of the pack because the responsibilty now that Scott wasn't there was a heavy weight on his shoulders. And instead of talking to the others, he kept quiet, trying to figure out an answer to everything by himself. He was right, Liam wasn't really an alpha. He was a lone wolf.

And as so typical for lone wolves, he did lonesome things. Like going to the Distillery a second time.

Luckily Liam had a great sense of direction and knew the way towards the Distillery, as all the traces and spots of black liquid had gone by the afternoon. Someone obviously tried to hide in the abandoned building.

As he entered the it a second time in 24 hours, all he found was an empty hall. It was now better lit by the great window on one of the sides, but there was nothing inside. At least there was no one visible.

"Hello", Liam called out, it echoeing from side to side. "I know you are here."

He took a couple steps walking around, tiny particles of dust flying in the air being visible through the sun rays.

"I'm ready to fight"

"I thought I made clear I didn't want you here."

Liam turned around instantly as he spotted a dark blonde guy by the gate of the Distillery, who, casually took a few big steps towards him.

"Theo.", Liam muttered, and the guy replied with a slow nod.

"And honestly, I didn't think you would be coming back here anytime soon after hitting you on the head", Theo was looking at his feet for a second until his eyes met Liam's, his eyesbrows knit together in a crinkle.
"Seriously though, the tough boy-act doesn't suit you"

He was still walking towards Liam until he finally stepped into the sunlight that fell into the centre of the hall. It was obvious that he hadn't slept in weeks, given away by the huge bags under his eyes. His skin was even more pale that usual, and it seemed he had lost a bit of weight as his usually so tight-fitting clothes where quite baggy at some parts of his figure and his cheek bones were more visible too. He obviously tried to cover up that he wasn't feeling all too well physically, not being able to admit his weakness, but you felt compassion just looking at him. The way he was talking still made you want to throw a rock at him, though. Cynical, devious, arrogant.

"Before you ask, I did leave town for a while and then came back for personal reasons. See, I'm looking for something and if you dont want to get involved then stay away from here", despite it sounding like a threat, knowing Theo it most definitely was one.

And then there was Liam, standing there in front of Theo who had put him and his friends through hell and still came back after telling him multiple times to stay away, not quite sure of what to say. He couldn't even think proberly, he couldn't put two and two together, and he couldn't tell if he was relieved or worried because it was Theo hiding in here and he didn't know if the Ghost Riders or the Dread Doctors or The Oni would've been the better or the worse choice.

Theo narrowed his eyes and started to look confused too because of the mute reaction of Liam, and right as Liam opened his mouth to say something, Theo turned around, his back facing Liam, coughing into the sleeve of his dark blue jersey.

And the coughing didn't stop.

It sounded terrible; as if he was choked by not being able to breath inbetween coughs, as if his lungs never relaxed ever again.

Liam stood still, watching Theo from behind, waiting.

As finally the coughing stopped and Theo turned around even slower than he took the steps towards Liam, a black fluid dropped from the corner of his mouth to the ground. The sleeve of the jersey wasn't dark blue anymore, it was entirely black. His hand wiped his mouth, causing a trail of black left-overs on his cheek that nearly went up to his ear. His hand was tinted the same shade of black as he brought it back to his side.

"I guess your biggest wish of wanting to see me dead is becoming reality."

***

>> I just changed the title of this story from something here to souls, and the blurb as well but don't worry everything will continue as planned.

But yes our little sons are reunited again

ALSO watch jeff davis acting as if it wasnt a big deal that after "being the bait" liam shouted "nooo", spead up to run after theo, slammed against the door of the elevator clearly frustrated and worried after not being fast enough to stop theo when he couldve been like "lols yikes, hopefully that motherfucker dies out there while I make it out alive"
I wouldn't even expect this kind of reaction from Liam if it was Hayden lol he didn't mention her once after she was taken but said they had to save Corey? lol #oops #gayalert