s i x t y - t h r e e

(I EDITED THIS CHAPTER WITH MORE IMPORTANT FACTS

PLEASE RE-READ)

The next couple of weeks felt like a blur to Liam.

He was walking around like a robot. He didn't laugh nor cry, he wasn't even hurting. He was just there, and accepted himself as just another tiny atom of the universe. A part of it all.

He couldn't fall asleep at night. Not because there was so much on his mind, the opposite was the case. Everytime he realized that he was actually still lying in his bed at home and not at sleep yet, he noticed that he had not even shut his eyes for once in the past 50 minutes, not even to simply blink.

He was trying hard to not be biased, and Stiles knew he was doing a good job so far. Still; It is one thing to meet up with theo and ask questions regarding the case and not telling him his intentions but it was another thing to actually go straight to Stiles and tell him everything they just talked about. Everything. That's what pained him the most; this open betrayal.

Sometimes even Stiles had his doubts when he looked at the teen who seemed like he wasn't quite there, or at least not whole. But Liam remained cold, and strong, and so the only thing that changed was the cold front that he put up for his own defense.

Theo could tell something was wrong,  though he never got a glimpse of what it was. But still, — he felt it the moment that Liam first appeared at his hideout, having him starre at him for at least 30 seconds.  Theo was dazzled and confused. He just stayed there for however long with his eyes wide opened, as if all his senses were alarmed. Liam then brushed his hand through his hair, sighing,— and sat down next to Theo who didn't know why after all it was still Liam who would always seek his presence when he, at the same time, always told Theo to stay away. But the lack of company made Theo simply accept things as they were.

They barely spoke a word, and Theo thought this was Liam's way of coping; of processing things. They never touched, and remained quiet. And maybe it was, just not when it came to the things that Theo expected.

Theo never asked what was going on. And he didn't complain.

And the best part was, Liam was a good actor. Good enough for Theo, at least.

Theo expected his odd behavior as a side effect of everything that had been going on, talking about the murders and deaths. So he would answer what the boy demanded to know when he would ask questions regarding the latter. Not more, not less,— but he would give him the answers. Unaware of Liam's actual intentions. Both of them were on a different page, not eye to eye.

Three weeks into Liam and Stiles' little game, it had gotten to the point where his chest would ache from not speaking it out loud; even when nothing physical ever happened between the two. And still,- Liam couldn't shake off the feeling of deep regret because of what he had gotten himself into.