e i g h t

So you're creeping round town
but I keep my mouth shut
hope you notice that I don't care
- what you do to me, don broco

Liam was both, taken aback and confused as he saw Theo, who honestly deserved the worst there was on this planet, standing in front of him looking like a wrack

"What's - happening to you", Liam eyeballed Theo from head to toe.

"Do you think I'd be here if I knew?", Theo snapped back, his eyes narrowed while shaking his head. He walked past Liam and with his back towards Liam, tried to wipe more of the black blood on his mouth. He held on for a second, cradled his throat with his hand and brought it back down.

"You are not gonna tell anymore", he spoke, his face still averted.

Liam was about to open his mouth to say something, but got interrupted by Theo who turned around again.

"That wasn't a question"

If Theo wanted to play this game, so could Liam. He held his eyes wide opened, holding his head high. His fist was clenched.

"How am I supposed to keep it a secret if you keep.. puking around"

Liam making a joke out of it, travestying it as if Theo had any choice, made Theo upset.

"Do you think this is fun to me?", Theo shouted through the abandoned building, his teeth gritted as if he was in pain. "The heck I'm dying"

It was the first time he acually admitted it and spoke it out loud with all honesty. And that completly serious, without any subtle remark and similar. He stood still, the corner of his eyes slowly relaxing and his mouth closing. He looked at Liam regretful, his eyes glowing.

"Look at me", Theo added and after Liam looked at him for another while, he looked away and to the ground. That was enough to make Theo feel vindicated.

"It's the least you can do", he spoke a bit more relaxed and quieter than before. Almost as if he was begging for something. "Just give me some time to gain a lead"

With all that said and done, Liam returned back to Beacon Hills, leaving Theo behind in the Distillery. He told his friends to let it rest until they found more clues, and then they could inform Scott. They didn't find any more clues in a long time, and even Hayden was certain whatever it was, it had left town again. Liam played Lacrosse as per usual, and things went back to normal. But Liam never really stopped wondering about wether Theo found out what was happening to him, he didn't even know if Theo was alive or already dead. He lied to his friends and most importantly to himself by pretending nothing had happened, by pretending he hadn't seen Theo on the edge of death. It would've probably been better if he was indeed dead, only so that he wasn't a problem for the pack anymore. But still, it was frightening to see him that way. So.. lost.

He kissed Hayden goodbye on his porch after their date to the cinema. Both her hands were resting in his palm, her face up close to his. She smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow", she spoke softly. Liam nodded, placing another kiss on her foreheadd. Then he watched her walk the last steps towards her car.

He stood outside for a while, admiring the view of the entire street eventhough it was dark already. The streetlights provided just the right amount of light.
He sighed at the silence, turned around to head inside, as suddenly he thought heard something. He stopped, listened carefully, but couldn't hear anything. There was nothing there. He shook his head and went inside. For now.

***

>> Liam is the type of guy who would fall asleep next to Hayden whispering "I'm not gay" in his sleep repeatedly

You all know I'm right