f i f t y - s e v e n

The only reason Liam made it to Lacrosse practise that day was because Stiles dragged him out of the Sheriff's Station, literally forcing him to

The only reason Liam made it to Lacrosse practise that day was because Stiles dragged him out of the Sheriff's Station, literally forcing him to. He didn't know how Coach Finstock would react to seeing Liam show up to practise again after T.O. had kicked Nathan out and had managed to stop the suspension, — maybe it would've been easier if he had T.O. as back up, as it was literally his doing, but instead, he would have to explain to him that his greatest hope of all, T.O. wouldn't show up to practise today either. And he knew that the Coach's reaction would be anything but good.

In addition to that, Liam felt like by going to practise he would submit to the idea of T.O. being the actual Theo Raeken and his Theo being a liar; an impostor. For that, he wasn't ready.
He pulled himself together, though.

To his surprise, Coach Finstock didn't mention his suspension or anything at all,— instead, he ignored him most of the time, apart from when he stepped into the locker room, asking the team where T.O. was and Liam had to tell him about stepping in for him for the day.

"I can't hear you, Dumbar, if you are talking to the ground!", Coach Finstock criticized Liam for keeping his voice down.

"I said I'm stepping in for T.O.", he said more determined and forced himself to look up at Coach Finstock, just like he would want him to. "He asked me to."

When he said the words, Liam gazed away from the Coach and looked at his team mates standing next to him, more sepcifically, around him and the coach in a huge cirlce. Liam knew he couldn't do this on his own, he knew that they didn't listen to him back when he was captain and now that they were used to someone as T.O. leading them, he had even less chances. But when he looked into everybody's faces, he realized they did not look as if they rejected him, or made fun of him, even. They actually remained unbothered at all; as if they accepted it as that.

As soon as they were out on the field, that changed, though. Given the fact that Nathan was among the 5 people that normally showed up at practise, he quickly figured that the only reason for the team's silence back in the locker room was that they were lacking a leader. A leader as in their dictator, their friend, the same guy that would make fun of you if you didn't adjust to his rules, also knows as Nathan Pierce.

"Look at this 5 ft wannabe captain", Nathan shouted and the friend he was with laughed. It was obvious that the friend had joined him for no other reason than to support Nathan trying to insult Liam, because the only reason people would normally watch Lacrosse practise only did so because they didn't have anthing better to do or were supportive of their girlfriend or boyfriend, or both.

Speaking of girlfriends — the fact that Hayden did not join his boyfriend for this could only indicate them not being a thing anymore; obviously she had come to terms with Nathan being nothing but a prick.