f i f t y - f i v e

Unfortunately, Liam and Stiles' meeting got interrupted because of Liam's mother catching them at 3

Unfortunately, Liam and Stiles' meeting got interrupted because of Liam's mother catching them at 3.50 a.m. when they were planning their next steps of their self-proclaimed mission in finding out the truth about Theo Raeken.

Liam was sure it would've been better if he just stayed awake until school started, because now he was left with nothing but the wish for afternoon to finally arrive when Stiles would visit him a second time to finish their planing. He was sure that Stiles knew exactly what he was going to do, and now that he was forced to leave, Liam was left with nothing but assumptions.

During breakfast, he had to notice that his step-dad didn't join him and his mother on the kitchen table, so he was left alone with his mom who still didn't know how to act towards her son because of what he had told her and the fact that Stiles Stilinski showed up in his room in the middle of the night.

"Where's dad—"

"— some emergency at the hospital.", his mom finally said and looked up and smiled at her son. But only for a moment, then her face turned grey and she looked back down.

At school, he had a free period instead of English Literature and there were a lot of rumors about why, as Mrs. Finch had never not held a single lesson in her 15 years of teaching at Beacon Hills High School, which every of her students always deeply regretted. If Mrs. Finch decided to not hold a lesson, then it was something serious, everybody knew that.

"Maybe she's scared of Boo Radley coming after her,", Nathan Pierce joked around in the hallway and reveiced a couple of laughters from his mates and glares from everybody else, "I for my part would be if my name was Finch, I mean Atticus Finch—"

"Boo Radley saved Jem and Scout in the novel, Nathan.", Corey remarked and Mason laughted at how Nathan tried to make a joke refering To Kill A Mockingbird when he probably did not even read the book when he discussed it in class, which was no wonder for someone who had to take Junior's English Lit as a senior.

But unlike Mason, Nathan didn't think of Corey calling him out as funny,— his face had turned serious.

"He didn't save Tom Robinson, did he?", he hissed and glared first at Corey and then at Mason. You could watch Mason's face turn pale, and everybody around turn quiet. At the same time, Corey stepped in front of him, head held high and jaw clenched.

"Oh, now I'm scared,", Nathan crackled. "Come on, Corey, protect your cute little boyfriend."

But Corey didn't get himself to punch Nathan in the face, because one, all of his jock friends were still watching and two, Nathan was way stronger than him and three, both Liam and Mason were stronger than him and could probably fight Nathan better than he ever would.