t h i r t y - s e v en

For Liam and Theo, being just friends worked out really well actually

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

For Liam and Theo, being just friends worked out really well actually. Eventhough sometimes, there was an undeniable tension between the boys that would lead to one awkward situation to the other.

They were playing fifa. And as so often, Liam was winning, the triumph from the last match still sparkling in his eyes. To be honest, Theo did not even try to decide the match for himself, he hated this game and enjoyed Liam getting all excited everytime he won.
He just looked at him when he jumped up with a loud "YES!" escaping his mouth, only just to sit back down next to Theo. Theo seemed satsified when Liam turned his face with an expression full of joy towards him.

"Are you even trying to win?", Liam once asked, his eyebrows knit together critically.

"What? Yeah, of course I am", Theo confirmed with the most serious expression on his face.

"Well,", Liam chuckled, looking straight at Theo's face. "Then you really suck at this."

Out of instinct, Theo's jaw was suddenly clenched, but he suppressed his sudden anger about being mistake for the loser by biting his lip. When he looked back into Liam's eyes, he noticed them focused on his lips for a second, and then on his eyes before wandering back to his mouth. Liam's breathing was calm when he seemed to slowly lean into Theo, and Theo did it him alike, but as soon as he started to move closer to the boy, Liam immediately pulled back in a hurry.

"Did you just try to kiss me?", Liam hissed and got Theo confused.

"No...?", Theo replied, uncertain of what to say.

"Of course you did!", Liam spat as he stood back up from the bed.

"Bro you did!", Theo suddenly raised his voice.

"Why the hell should I try to kiss you?", Liam shouted, and given by his eyes suddenly widening, he immediately regretted his choice of words as his parents were downstairs watching TV.

"I can't take this anymore.", Theo shook his head, resting his face in his palms while resting his elbows on his thighs.

"I can't take this anymore!", Liam's voice was shaking by now.

"What can't you take anymore?!", Theo spoke slow, with his eyebrow raised.

Liam hesitated, licking his lips nervously, meanwhile Theo had gotten up and was now standing in front of the smaller teen with full expectation.

"...This!", Liam shouted right into his face.

"What the—", Theo began but was stopped by Liam pressing his lips against his for a short moment.

Afterwards he looked at Liam with confusion in his face, and thus Liam felt the need to defend himself yet another time.

"You did that!", Liam shouted but Theo already heard his pulse rise while he spoke. Not content with his blunt accusation, Theo took one step towards him.

"Nonono YOU did!", he retorted, pointing his finger at Liam.

But Liam could never admit it.

After all these tiny somethings that Liam and Theo could continue to fight over forever, things would always go back to normal as if being 'friends' was all there was to it. However, carrying around weights like this could go terribly wrong, especially when something else got involved, something that Liam hoped not to face in times of uncertainty.

A dead body was found close to the preserve, was all the text said that Scott sent around one morning.

"Could be anthing, really.", was what Theo had to say to the news. "Did he not say what kind of wounds?"

Liam shook his head, and Theo pondered for a moment while laying on the bed, Liam pacing around the room nervously, equally as deep in thought as the other boy.

Maybe if they had paid attention, maybe if they had used their hearing sense more actively in this moment they would've known that something was coming. Something as in someone.

He rang the door bell twice, and Liam's step-dad opened it, welcoming the guest friendly.

"Oh hello Mason, Theo and Liam are upstairs."

***

>> IM SO BAD AT UPDATING AND WRITING RN OMG. I have only one chapter left that i have pre-written and it pains me to say that I am feeling so uninspired. Probably bc I have so muh going on rn with seeing my fav band live and all. Guess I just have to watch some Thiam scenes ....