t h i r t y - o n e

first you say you love me then you say you don't [...] tell me that you're willing then you say you won't
can you make your mind up, please, I'm losing my patience
— patience, shawn mendes

] tell me that you're willing then you say you won'tcan you make your mind up, please, I'm losing my patience— patience, shawn mendes

You would think that with Theo and Liam alone in his room, things wouldn't be as tensed as with his mother in the same four walls. Unfortunately, it turned out to be anything but easy.

He was furious — Liam was furious that Theo had just decided to open up about his stay at his house when the actual plan was looking for another place for him to stay at in the future. Theo brought one hand to his temple as if he was suffering a headache, then brought it back down to reply to what Liam had just said.

"You don't seriously plan on hiding me anywhere, do you?", Theo said, "Your mom said it was ok if I stayed."

"My mom doesn't know—", Liam began but didn't know how to continue his sentence and make it sound tolerable.

A smile was creeping up on Theo's face. "What doesn't she know?", he teased and Liam started blushing.

"I don't know!", Liam snapped back to cover it up, only to see Theo chuckle and shaking his head. Maybe it would've been better if Liam hadn't taken notice of his reaction.

"You have no idea what it is like, you have nobody who cares about you!", Liam yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Nobody?", Theo repeated his choice of words, insinuating.

"Nobody.", Liam spoke right into Theo's eyes without the faintest sign of doubt. As a result, Theo's jaw was now clenched.

"You know Liam, I can't take this. It's not always what you want", Theo's voice was raised; he was pacing around Liam's room. "Hell, first you're all over me and telling me you love me—"

"I don't love you.", Liam interrupted, having Theo turn around to see the stern expression on his face, Liam's head held high, determined.

"Of course you don't.", Theo seemed emotionally affected, looking down to his feet while chewing on the inside of his cheek. Pulling himself back together, and with his jaw still clenched, his gaze met Liam's again.

"How stupid of me."

Liam immediately shot back.

"That's very stupid to believe indeed."

"Oh now I am the stupid one!", Theo's voice got louder again, leaning closer towards the younger boy.

"I just didn't mean it. Don't make a big deal out of it.", Liam said casually, shrugging his shoulders.

"A big deal?!"

The once so funny thing about Liam denying things had turned into major anger about Liam's wall of lies.
It all wouldn't have been a problem to Theo if he only lied to other people to cover up, but the person Liam lied to was himself.

"What were I supposed to do, you were dying?!?", Liam bluntly added, his eyes twitching. Opposite of him was Theo, suddenly calm. Resignated, he picked up the kacki colored bag that contained all of his belongings, and then looked back at Liam's face.

"You know Liam, sometimes I'm wondering when you will finally accept who you are.", he walked past him, towards the door, keen to leave.

"Where are you going?", Liam turned around.

"I thought you don't care?", Theo asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Theo come on you don't have to le—"

"What? Because of how I have 'nobody' to turn to? Are you that concered? Or are you just scared Scott will find out about me? — us?", his eyes wide opened, Theo's voice echoed through Liam's head. "In that case, I am excited to see his reaction. I doubt he will be more of a dick about it than you are."

Theo was already one foot out the door when he waited for Liam's reply that never gave. Theo chuckled while shaking his head,  his eyes having turned grey and cold.

Then, he left Liam behind in his tangled web of stupid lies.

***

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THIS BOOK!! IT'S BEEN TWO MONTHS SINCE I STARTED IT AND *COINCIDENTALLY* WE HIT 1000 VOTES LAST NIGHT!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND AM GLAD WE ARE A COMMUNITY OF ITS OWN

STAY FAB XXX