t w e n t y - f o u r

You and I would be just fine
if I was the one [..]
But I tend to run
- walk away, lany

As long as Scott was in Beacon Hills Liam would be continue going back to school, at least that was what Liam promised himself; to just blend in somehow

The meeting with the psychologist got him tied up in quite a mess actually, as Mrs. Cannon had found out that besides skipping classes he had also been thrown out of the Lacrosse team for not attending any trainings anymore. She invited him back into her office, telling him about how the Beacon Hills Drama club was coincidentally rehearsing for their stage play of Romeo and Juliet and were looking for some extras. To deepen their talk about english literature and that novel specifically, she thought it would be a great idea for Liam to join them after school in order to do something for his extracurriculars.

"There's no way I'm doing that."

"You know what Liam, I actually think it would be good for you,", she replied and with that statement, Liam barely had a chance.

A tree, he played. Honestly, if psychologist's jobs were to humiliate people in public, then Mrs. Cannon was doing a pretty good job. But looking closer, it was a great way to find some distraction and distance from everything going on.

Liam found out a lot about the story by simply watching, and he figured out that Romeo and Juliet would've been just fine if there hadn't been any communication problems with Juliet's envoy who had to deliver her plan to Romeo; the plan about her taking the potion that made her fall asleep in order to pretend to be dead in front of her family. Romeo,— the message not having reached him in time, was left with the impression she was actually really dead, and his heart filled with grief, he killed himself.

So overall, Liam thought the story was pretty much a great example for human stupidity. Juliet should've just told Romeo the plan in person, not sent someone else not knowing if the message would ever reach him.

The work on the play and the fact that there were a lot of exams lately really made Liam block out everything else going on. It did him good.

One time during dress rehearsals, Liam's phone started ringing.

"Hello?", he whispered. On the other end of the line he recognized Melissa's voice.

"Are you sure you don't want to visit him?", she sounded concerned.

Liam sighed. Of course this was about Theo. "What do you expect me to do? He is the one who doesn't want to see me, you told me yourself that he won't let me visit him."

"But he isn't d—"

"Melissa,", he interrupted her, his voice
calm and determined, "I have work to do."

Relieved about how easy this was, Liam returned to participating in the rehearsal after declining.

In terms of friendships and Scott's presence it wasn't all that easy:

It soon turned out that not only Scott was out of college, but that his friends were all returning to Beacon Hills one by one. Semester break, and therefore they were planning on something like a Reunion-party in celebration of getting through the first semester of college and to catch up on each other's experiences in the meantime. Besides that it was assumedly 5 months of supernatural-free Beacon Hills, which was yet another reason to celebrate.

Liam and his friends were invited as well, and given the fact that parties like this were a rare thing not only under college conditions but also because most of the time there hasn't been the time to throw parties like this in Beacon Hills, they knew they all had to go.

They were all going to be there — apart from Lydia who was pretty much attending extra classes because she was just that good. Stiles pitied it, but as long as he could see Scott again, it was all good. Scott was excited to catch up on how Stiles was doing being the FBI-trainee he was, and Stiles was excited to find out more about that new woman in Scott's life that he had found out about just recently.

The four teenagers that were made out to be Beacon Hills' new pack... weren't that excited to attend the happy-family reunion. Too much had happened in the meantime. Or too little, depending on perspective. But they were all pretty much aware that this was their final chance to get things right and back to normal.

Therefore, during chemistry, there was this tiny note being forwarded to Liam who nearly passed in on to his lab partner, but then he caught his name written on the folded piece of paper.

He turned around a bit perplexed and saw Hayden looking at him, hinting towards the it.

I can go with you to the party if that's what you'd want — H

Liam hesitated; kept thinking for a while before scribbling a 'That's okay' underneath her perfectly shaped cursive letters.

After all, he could consider himself lucky Hayden was still giving him a chance.

***

>> New gf for Scott bc he deserves it
but i still can't stand how much of a perfect human being he is ://

Also I'm sorry to tell this but we're getting closer to the final... of this season ;)