s i x t y - s i x

( if you're reading this I love you.)

"I know you still care about me so I'm not letting you get away with it that easily either

"I know you still care about me so I'm not letting you get away with it that easily either." Theo spoke the words carefully, as if analyzing every of Liam's facial moments in order to check if it was save saying them.

Before Liam could get himself to say anything, Bekah stepped in front of the two.

"You guys! Yearbook picture?" Bekah smiled, holding up her camera. Theo smiled back at her, stepping next to Liam for a shot. Liam however, naturally disagreeing with this idea, didn't get a change to protest. Highly confused and speechless, he stood still next to Theo for a few snaps, who had lightly put his arm on his back. Liam was frozen, until he felt Theo step aside again, and he heard Bekah's voice.

"Liam, I'll send you the pictures via mail, so that you can approve them."
But all these words felt like a blur.

Theo turned back to face Liam again as if the past minute never happened.

"Let me help you." Theo insisted.

"Then stay away. I... need you to stay away so I can work through this. With my friends. And they don't trust you."

Theo closed his mouth. He knew. He understood. But still, it hit him that Liam didn't say this with the typical, raging sound in his voice that he would speak to him with to cover up the way he normal felt. He was put this time. He knew what he had to do to be taken seriously.

"And I don't want to be biased."

Liam had never been so relieved when he heard the bell, ending the conversation. He rushed right off without looking at Theo again, and slowly but safely disappeared in the crowd.

If only Liam had known that if he truly wanted to murders to stop, Theo  was the only one who could help him. But theo knew that in order to prevent the murders from happening, they would reach out to him. Sooner or later. Liam just didn't know it yet.

***

Liam had a tough time falling asleep that night. What distracted him most was that out of all the things that he could've spent hours thinking about, it was the irritating fact that he thought about nothing at all that kept him awake. He didn't like to be alone with a blank brain, a brain that didn't give him answers on anything at all. He felt something coming. Or going... he didn't know. But as of right now he was left alone with his own lonliness, and the uncertainty concerning every single aspects of life.

All the thinking but not really thinking about anything of substance, lead to Liam forgetting about his calculus test the other day, and he immediately knew what it was that he should've been thinking about.

Mrs. Thompson was handing out the test papers to the class, when Liam received a text message, and glanced at his phone. He was immediately confused. 

"Pack meeting. 8 pm. animal clinic."

The text was from Scott.

Before he could think this through, Mrs. Thompson was already standing next to Liam's table, requesting his mobile device. Liam was confused, and staring down on a bunch of papers on complicated calculus didn't really help.

10 minutes later, Liam would find out what the text was about. The entire studentbody was being called into the assembly; there was huge amount of hushed voices surrounding him. And all these voices resulted in a burning buzz inside of his head, that he thought his head was going to explode. But there was no escaping it - all that he could do was follow the mob and take a seat with the other students.

"Gregory Flenton was found dead yesterday evening." the principal announced sorrowful, not looking at the students once.

The buzzing had instantly stopped. You could hear the principal's hand holding and lightly scrunching the paper he was looking at. After a while, he took a deep breath, put the paper down and finally looked up at his students.

Gregory Flenton had been found dead in the evening of the previous day, found in the tiny piece of forest the boy had to conquer in order to arrive at school. The freshman had been reported as missing by his parents in the afternoon, after not having returned home after school. Later, they found out he never even made it to school, which escalated in his parents making the school responsible for not making sure all students were attending class.

This, of course, wasn't what the principal decided to tell the students. This was what Liam found out afterwards.

It was the first time an underaged had been attacked. And it was a mess.

Liam was sitting in the assembly with a dozen of other students who knew absolutely nothing about the recent attacks. Yet, in comparison to them, Liam seemed chill; and little surprised. He looked around, to find T.O. sitting a few rows behind him, being in complete shock, his mouth wide opened. He was wearing his Lacrosse shirt, and Liam knew that he had been practising again. But Liam had been looking for Mason, and when he finally found him, Mason was already holding up his phone at him, hinting towards Scott's text message.

He understood that Scott was going to come back to Beacon Hills.

And he was going to come back today.

***

Okay guys I just logged back into Wattpad after 2 months and realized that there's still so many people starting to read this story EVERY SINGLE DAY, that we have 20 THOUSAND VOTES and 10 THOUSAND COMMENTS, and it made me feel completely WOW but also terrible given the fact that I updated like twice in the past year.

Just know how truly sorry I am but I know I cannot give you the high quality content that you deserve.

I re-wrote this chapter out of 4 different drafts I was working on the past year, I could never stick with one version enough to finish it because none of the versions ever felt true to me and I'm kind of out of sync with the story, I'm sorry (correction: out of sync with my writing. I have and always had so many plans for this story I just don't know how to put it into words that make it all happen naturally and that make it REAL. Again, I'm so sorry. But you know that I want to finish this story so bad so I'm giving my best to pull myself together and do so. I can't promise you more frequent updates because I suck at writing this story because I feel so out of sync with it, but just know I'm giving my best and I want my ideas to be out there. Just know that ever since the last update I always TRIED to pick it up, re-read all my writing to get into the characters again, spent hours and hours of re-watching tw season5 and 6.... for this. But I'm still struggling. You need to know that! If this and all the following updates suck, Imagine PART A to be the one and only SOULS! I hope y'all don't read this story up to this point that you hate it, especially when you all used to love it...)

I love you all so much, thank you for your patience. Sorry if this sucks, I'm trying my best to work through this, through something I feel at least 70% happy with. Because I don't know what's worse, good stories that are never finished or good stories that turn into garbage? I don't know. So let me know in the comments

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND YEAR-LONG SUPPORT (it's actually been two years since the start of this story.) BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, Thiam can be so proud to have you precious and loyal supporters.

Love, L