Untitled Part 99

HINDI NA SIYA MAKAHAKBANG. NANGINGINIG ANG BUONG KATAWAN NIYA. A WHITE light shone beneath the closed door. She could sense movements behind it. Someone was in there.

"I can't do it. Don't make me do it." She cried. "Please, don't make me."

There was a presence beside her, guiding...urging her to get close to the door.

"It's alright. It's alright." Said a soothing voice, neither male nor female.

It was also neither day nor night. It was dark and clear at the same time.

"I can't." She cried.

"You must." The voice persisted.

And she was suddenly standing in front of the door. How did she even get there?

The door was ajar. She just have to push it a little. She wasn't scared anymore because somehow, it was a different door.

Itinulak niya.

May lalaki sa loob, nakangiti. He was her age, sixteen. May hawak itong bagay.

A pocketwatch.

"It's yours." Sabi ng lalaki.

She gasped, "Where'd you find it?" Kinuha niya ang orasan.

He glanced at the bed.

"It's dead." Tukoy niya sa orasan. Nakahinto iyon sa alas-dose.

May pumasok sa pinto. Trini and a small boy.

"Kailan ka pa dumating?" Tanong niya kay Trini.

"Hindi naman ako umalis."

"But...But..i haven't seen you for a long time."

"Ayaw mo 'kong makita. Galit ka."

She was stunned, "That's not true. I can never be mad at you."

"Then open the god damned door, Olivia." Naging si Marife si Trini.

Olivia ran. She just ended up inside the room she feared most. Trini was sprawled on the bed, bloody and gaping at the ceiling. A knife protruded from her chest.

Trini's right hand was close like she had been holding something. But the hand was empty except for a gold chain. Kilala iyon ni Olivia. Iyon ang chain ng pocket watch ni Corey.

But where was it?

She looked at Trini again.

It felt wrong.

Something looked wrong.

The knife.