light

Nipsey

Looking up at the sky through the glass I
sighed deeply wondering if I'll ever get out of here. My homie I been knowing throwing a set of dice at my head snapped me back to reality. I studied my hand throwing down a couple cards to shut his ass up. From what Rell tells me it's really been 4 months since I been here. Shit it felt like years. I haven't become friends with Rell but he been the main one supplying me with burner phones so I can talk to my family whenever I want to. He also help keep me outta shit on several occasions when new and old inmates tried trynna get me to turn up and fight. I'm not saying he guarded me physically cause I can hold my own no doubt. He just made sure to throw them niggas in the hole and not me.

Boog kept her word to me and so did my brother. She brought the kids with her to every visitation. They always bring me pictures that they draw for me, letters they write and even their report cards. Even though I've been in here longer than any of us expected, They are remaining tough. Boog and I never sat and had a conversation on what last happened though when I was pushing her away. We just pushed past it like we did in court.

"Nigga..pay attention!" Ron hollered throwing another set of a dice at my face. Dodging the dice I reached across the table slapping him clean on his forehead.

"And nigga Don't be throwing shit at me and stop cheating!" I yelled drawing attention from the guards. "Ashgedom you need to go to the hole?" A guard yelled out. I looked at him like who the fuck is this nigga talking to? "Nigga I aint no child that aint time out for me." I yanked back and continued to playing the game.

"Calm down nigga, I wasn't cheating. Maybe you should pay attention.." Ron laughed throwing more cards down.

"Ashgedom you going to the hole, lets go" I just sat there laughing because if this nigga touch me ima beat the absolute fuck shit out this officer. "I got him Officer Payne he aint going to the hole today" Rell came stepping up telling him go on the other side and monitor other inmates.

I looked over the hand my partner had laid out, planning my next move. "You a lil bitch ass nigga you cheating. It's coo though, cause I'm about to whoop yo ass." Laying out the remainder of my cards I watched Ron face transform from happy to pissed off.

"Man...I aint playin with yo ass no more. You stay gettin over. I'm done." He threw his hand down and stood up from the table, kicking the chair over and stomping back to his cell. I could even hear him mouthing off because I won as I always do.

"Aw come on nigga, don't be upset!" I joked. After receiving the middle finger in response I laughed to myself and stood up from my chair.

"Ashgedom..you're going home." Rell piped up walking closer to me.

I stared at Rell like he had a head head full of snakes on his head. "Yo..Nigga..this is the third time you have pulled this shit on me. I'm not falling for it again!" I argued. For the last month or so Rell and the other guards thought it would be so funny to play with my feelings by telling me I'm going home. I went toe to toe with the second guard who fucked with me and got thrown in the hole for two weeks. I forgot how that even went down. At this point I'm tired of hearing of this lame ass joke.

"I'm not playing. Orders from the judge himself. Go get your things." Rell smiled. I couldn't tell if he was messing with me or not so I just kept walking to my cell not saying a word.

"Have your shit together in five minutes or I'll tell them you like your new home and you can stay here." Rell warned.

Silently I gathered all the pictures, drawings, and letters I've gotten from visitations and put them inside a laundry bag. I stole one last month once my collection of memorables began piling up. Racking my brain I thought over every hiding spot I created for my stuff. Once I had wiped the room clean of all that's mine I walked out of the cell following behind Rell. He didn't even bother to cuff me again which confirms that he's telling the truth this time.