behind the gun

Nipsey

I hid out in my truck, it was dark tints while I watched his grandma run down the stairs and kneeled down beside his body as he laid there lifelessly.

"C'mon get up. Get up. Stop playing" She cried out loud slapping his face. But he wasn't breathing. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Another woman yelled loudly before running upstairs in his house. The woman paced back and forth freaking out I know she aint neva seen some shit like that before because It look like she didn't know what to do. I grabbed my phone and dialed Boog number. I looked at it and cleared the number then called Hoggy instead. It rang and rang and rang. "Pick up pick up pick up" I said over and over as I looked through my windshield not taking my eyes off the scene.

"Aye cuh did you get em?" Hoggy yelled through the phone.

"Man hell yeah.. I think I got em"

"I bet his pussy ass dont think about calling 12 nomo nigga coulda had his fucking life if he knew how to shut the fuck up huh cuh?"

"Damn right! Now he can go talk to god about it" As I spoke to Hoggy I saw Lauren cousin standing over dude now, Thats when I got confused she was kissing all on the man so I sat up rubbing my chin.

"So what they doin now?"

"Waiting for the police. Why I see Boog cousin damn near tonguing dude? I think she fucking him dawg"

"WHAT? What cousin nigga?"

"Man Tanya the one who Boog don't get along with" I seen Lauren other cousin "Kent" run down the street and police sirens so I began to dash off before anybody see me. I think this the nicest I have EVER handled shit like this. I gave him so many chances, killing him wasn't up for debate.

"Ahh shit what the fucc they got going on? She fucking behind her family now? You gone tell Boog?"

"Man hell naw then she gone know I killed this fucking man ion want nun to do with this shit and you know this" I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back home or damn near to the studio to make a song about this shit. All I know if Me and Hoggy chopped it up for a hot minute and then Boog started calling my phone. I let that shit ring twice but when she called again I answered just so she know Im okay.

"What's wrong?" I answered the phone with a smooth ass voice trynna play everything off.

"Where you at?" She questioned

"Man I'm in the car the traffic bad as hell Boogie"

"Where are you? Share your location with me" She started demanding me.

"Alright Im sharing it right now baby, Boogie whats wrong baby talk to me?

"Can you hurry home please?" She told me before hanging up the phone. I shared my location with her and sat at the red light. I stopped by the flower shop to get Boog some flowers then I headed back home.

"Sooo what happened for the traffic to be so bad?" She asked looking over at me soon as I walked in the door.

She couldn't talk. She could barely move.

"You good?" I asked reaching over grabbing her hand passing her the flowers. She shook her head no the only thing I could hear was my own heart beat. Thats how quiet it got.

"Greg is in icu.. and its bad its not like the time where you shot him they say he may not make it" A tear dropped from her eye.

"But why you crying if you with me?" I became a little side eyed.

"Hussle it doesn't matter this is literally someone who I've known forever and its not about the past its just about how crazy things could be" I pulled her into a tight hug. A few tears fell from her eyes as she hugged me.