We're not immortal, or unaffected by age, like some myths depict. Nor do we turn into our specific element. I do not spontaneously poof into a body of water, nor does Sarah combust into an open flame.

Our magic has limitations too. For example, I can't control fire, or anything other than water really. And I can't just poof up water. Normally, if I don't have a glass or liquid, some sort of water pipe, or something along those lines nearby, I can manipulate the particles in the air and separate the water molecules from the air and morph it into a substance. I can also use the liquid water within the human body, or even within the blood.

If I wanted, I could dry your blood completely. Or drown you internally-like I almost did to Carlos.

Speaking of the devil, Carlos is still alive. Itachi, Sasori, and Pein beat him to a bloody pulp, but he is still living. Not that we've been allowed outside of the house, but I haven't heard or seen him since. So I hope that problem is all fixed.

Werewolves are exactly like the myths depict, almost uncontrollable and excellent fighters. Only, Alice and Tj don't change on Full Moons. And silver bullets down affect them. Normal bullets do, like any normal human, werewolves can only take so much pain. Their bodies heal swiftly, as long as there is nothing is impaled in them and left there, they heal within seconds. Even their organs are laced with this magic, so Tj, who got shot right through the heart, is totally and completely fine. They change when they want to, though sometimes, when they are overwhelmed with certain negative emotions, the change is unstoppable.

Each werewolf has their person, their master, so to say and the werewolf becomes their person's guardian. Their person is that one person who they can confide with, that understands them in a unique level that goes above and beyond friendship and sisterhood. Their beings, their souls become so intertwined that they are in tune with everything.

For example, Alice and I have this bond. When I am in pain, Alice can feel it, and vice-versa. Alice is extremely over protective of me. Tj and Sarah also have this bond, but Tj is better about controlling herself. Whereas Alice...well, I have become her control.

Hidan shifts around in his chair, jerking my attention back to him. He shifts Sarah's weight around and moves the blanket so it covers his skin, so she can lay back down. "So how did three fairies and two wolfs end up fucking living together?" He grunts.

Alice had explained everything to the Akatsuki, except for this. The story is more of mine to tell, being that if it weren't for me and my parent's death, I wouldn't have ever found them.

There are several...miniscule facts I might have forgotten to tell you about my parent's death.

First off, I was in the car with them.

It was a cloudy day. I remember leaning against the cool plexiglass window and thinking about how I wish it would rain, because, with my affinity being water and everything, I love the rain. My mom was arguing with my dad, but with the way they sounded, they were obviously high. We were on our way to Sarah's sweet sixteen, a cool beach party with our favorite band playing, and my mother thought we were going to get rained out. Daniel was with our grandmother back at home, because he'd thought he was too cool to be going to a girly party.

My dad made a sharp left and chuckled. The engine revved loudly, cockily, and I didn't think much of it because my dad loved irritating my mother like this. She thought it was impolite to reeve your engine loudly in public, and incredibly embarrassing.

People began speeding by. It was strange because I wasn't sure so many people usually walked along the highway like this, and yet a large crowd of people passed by, watching, shell-shocked, as my dad proceeded to drive straight off the pier.

That's when the screams erupted.

I remember frantically fumbling with the seat belt, which had locked up and jammed to my ultimate misfortune. Upon flying off the pier, my mother surged forward completely through the windshield from her lack of seat belt and the ragged shards of glass shredded her head. Blood pooled around inside the water, clouding it. My father drowned before I could save him.

Now, just because I'm a water fairy, it doesn't mean I can breathe under water. I can just hold my breath a little longer than normal humans. So you can understand why I thought it was strangely ironic that I was going to die from drowning, by my own element.

It was then that Alice found me, struggling desperately with my seat belt, face turning a bright purple.

At first, all I had seen was a little black dot, and I thought, 'Oh shit, here comes a shark. I'm dead'. I mean, when you're wiggling around like a malformed seal in blood laced water, you kind of tend to attract sharks. But then, when I saw her face up close, I was relieved to find that I wasn't about to be eaten.

Alice snapped the buckle and had dragged me ashore. After being suspended in my own element for so long, I did manage to heal all of my wounds. So despite being a little out of breath and numb from witnessing my parent's death, I was completely fine. Later, I had asked Alice how she found me. Apparently, werewolves know their human before they actually can talk to them, and distinguish them from the rest by a small little spark. She had sensed me, my distress, and had come merely to investigate.

After the funeral, the months of pure depression and utter hatred, and Sarah getting abandoned by her family, my grandmother decided to take us all into her old home. She taught us all we would need to know about our kind, fairies, werewolves, and the humans we pose to be. And then she died, several years later, of old age.

"And so here we are." I conclude, letting out a deep breath. That story is always a mouthful.

Deidara snuggles up a little closer to my side, chin lightly resting against my shoulder. With each exhale, I can feel the warmth of his breath fan out across my skin. It sends shivers running up and down my spine. He curls one arm around my waist and I see Hidan smirk.

I raise a brow, looking pointedly back and forth between Sarah and his positions, and silently dare him to say something.

Hidan huffs softly, muttering a curse under his breath. He glances down at the now sleeping girl in his arms, who's still trying to recover from her wounds, and sighs. He lightly brings one hand up and touches the side of her face gingerly, wincing at the burning sensation.

Awah, I coo internally.

Hidan's gone soft!

Okay, this was kind of a boring chapter >.< but I hope it explained everything. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I won't bite and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability. I devoted this entire chapter to explaining their history and what they are. So the next chapter will start with something new.