Chapter 96 - Scars

The rooftop pool meeting adjourned and Legosi and Louis hastily made their way back to their place.  It was painfully obvious that Legosi was excited about what Louis proposed earlier, as his tail was wagging the whole way back, and wagged even faster once they got inside.

    The deer turned to him. "Regular or bubble?"

    Legosi looked surprised that he was given a choice. "We...have stuff to make bubbles?"

    "Yeah? Don't you remember?"

    "...No?"

    The buck began walking to the bathroom. "I picked it up awhile ago."

    "Oh, okay." Legosi followed him.

    Louis ducked down into the cabinet and began searching around. "I know it's here somewhere..."

    "It's okay if there's no bubbles," Legosi assured. He needed a bath, that was certain to both of them.

    "Well I spent money on it, so I'd like to use it."

    "Well...what about the...you know...toy?"

    "Toy...?"

    "You spent money on it and we never used it...N-not that I wanted to!"

    "That money wasn't wasted."

    Legosi cocked his head. "Eh?"

    "Um...nevermind."

    The wolf walked over and got on his hands and knees next to Louis. "There can't be that many things in there..."

    "Ah, here it is."

    Legosi watched his fiance pull the bubble solution out from the cabinet, as well as the surprise on his face as he noticed the wolf had already gotten undressed.

    Louis blinked. "Um..."

    "Hm? Yeah?"

    "You're already undressed?"

    Legosi laughed, softly. "Well, you have to get undressed for a bath!"

    "But you just...did it so fast!"

    "Yup!" Legosi leaned back and sat on his bottom, his happy demeanor starkly contrasted with the state of his body. He had been recovering steadily, but dark bruises and scars were visible all across his naked form.

    The deer frowned. "He really did a number on you..."

    "I'll get better." The response was immediate.

    "Well...Of course you will." His fiance started stripping down to join him.

    The wolf stood up, suddenly. "Candles!"

    "Huh?"

    "We can light some around the bathroom!"

    "O-oh! Okay!"

    Legosi almost stumbled out of the bathroom as he went to find what was left of the candles they nabbed the other day.

    Louis began preparing the bubble bath for both of them.

    A few minutes later, his mate came back with the candles, looking around for good spots to place them.

    "Have you ever taken a bubble bath before?" Louis asked.

    "Yeah. Grandpa would give me them." Legosi placed a candle next to the sink.

    "When you were little?"